5.4

Kris's P.O.V.

1:15 A.M.

"Do I open it?" I looked up at Rizzo and Maddon.

"Well I mean like what's the worst that could be in there? A human head?" He tried making a joke but I didn't laugh.

"There could be for all we know." I muttered before getting up from the table and pacing around.

Do it, just open the box.

I shook my head and walked over to the door and shut it. "I'm opening it." I declared and placed my hands on either side of it.

"Shake it first, just in case." Maddon stood up and walked to the side of me, resting his hand on my shoulder. Nodding I lifted the box to my ear and gently shook it.

Well I hear nothing.

Taking a deep breath I pulled the tape off the top and opened the flaps. "What's in there?" I flinched at Rizzo's sudden loud voice.

"Really man?" I placed my hand over my heart feeling how fast it was beating. "And by the way all I see right now are packing peanuts." I muttered placing my hands on the side and quickly dumped out the contents.

"What's that?" I looked to where Maddon's finger was pointing. Gingerly reaching my fingers out I picked up a key card.

"Room one hundred sixteen." I read aloud, as I sifted through the rest of the peanuts. "That's it." I announced as I finished double checking.

"Wait that's one of the rooms that we booked." Maddon cried out and I sprinted out the door. Racing down the first hallway I started at room one hundred one and turned right.

"Wrong way!" I skidded to a stop and ran back to join Rizzo who was pounding on a door.

"C'mon open up!" I began to slap the door, praying for anyone to open it.

"Shut up. You're about to wake a three year old up!" Addison whipped the door open and glared at us. "Oh sorry guys I didn't realize it was you." Pushing past him I walked into the room and walked around.

"Daddy?" I smiled and walked over to the bed and picked her up.

"Hey baby girl, turns out this room isn't the room we were assigned. So Addison is going to take you over to our new room." I planted a quick kiss on her head and walked her over to the door.

"You'll come over soon?" I nodded as I passed her over to Addison. "Okay goodnight." She whispered squeezing her stuffed animals to her chest.

"Goodnight munchkin." I waved to her as Maddon helped them into a new room.

"Alright so we have a key to this room? What are the chances that you would have this exact room?" Rizzo muttered walking around lifting up cushions.

"What are you doing?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Looking for clues. Dude this is my chance to be a detective, I'm not going to waste it. You helping?" He gave me a look before returning to searching the room.

"Sure sure." I laughed and started next to the window. Looking down at the floor I walked around the beds.

"I can't find any-" I jumped up in the air as I touched the lamp. Letting out a scream I let go and fell to the ground writhing in pain. Vaguely I heard Rizzo leave the room and begin pounding on some else's.

"Kris can you hear me?" I opened my eyes to stare into Jake's.

When did I close my eyes?

"Yeah." I whispered and tried sitting up only to seize up. Grunting I closed my eyes and squeezed my hands together.

"Here don't move. Just tell me what happened." I felt two pairs of arms lift me up and place me on a bed.

"I touched that lamp and I got electrocuted. Like the worst shock I've ever felt." I struggled to stay awake as I tried fluttering my eyes open.

"Kris stay awake man." A new voice caused me to open my eyes. "My name is James, I'm a paramedic. I'm just here to make sure you're okay." He announced wrapping a blood pressure meter around my arm.

"I can still play tomorrow right?" I moved my eyes from my arm to Maddon, who just shrugged.

"Well your blood pressure is a little high and your pulse is racing. But other than that, I think you should be able to sleep this off. If tomorrow anything happens for example, seizing, throwing up, dizziness, go to the hospital and get checked out." James stood up and left leaving us all staring at each other.

"Here someone help me up, I just want to go to sleep." I muttered trying to lift my arm up. Rizzo and Jake looked at each other before sighing and grabbing one of my arms, hoisting my up. My legs gave out from under me as I tried walking.

"Well that's not going to work." Rizzo muttered wrapping his arms around my midsection stopping me from hitting he ground. "Your lucky I can bench press like two fifty." He muttered before lifting me up bridal style.

"Nobody take a picture of this." My hoarse voice just caused them to laugh gently as we exited the room. Carrying me down to my new room, he knocked lightly waiting for Addison to open up.

"Hey. Woah you good?" He opened the door more allowing Rizzo to walk into the room.

"He might've been electrocuted." I held back a groan as Rizzo placed me on the bed. Placing the covers over my body I closed my eyes and began drifting off to sleep.

"He might've been what!" Addison's voice whisper yelled. "Oh jeez I touched the lamp closest to the bathroom. Which one did he touch?"

"The one closest to the window. I swear to god if Mike did this I'll kill him myself. Nobody touches my best friend and gets away with it." I smiled and fell asleep as Emma's body found its way next to mine.

Im sorry for the late updates, but right now I'm in a tennis tournament, and haven't had the most time to type. But this chapter man just kinda hit my feels. Haha thanks for reading!