0.6

Kris's P.O.V.

8:41 P.M.

Rizzo followed me into my bedroom and sat on my bed before he began to talk. "What are you gonna do Kris? I mean like you can't just keep her here without telling someone?"

Shaking my head, "I don't know man. I'm gonna talk to Maddon, see what he thinks I should do. Probably the thing I need to do is tell the authorities about Emma's dad."

Nodding his head, he stood up "Seems like a plan. Alright well I'm gonna go change, I'll see you guys at the field."

Holding up my index finger motioning for him to wait, "Emma, sweetheart can you come here?" A few seconds later, her blonde hair came into my view from the doorway but then disappeared. Furrowing my brows, I looked at Rizzo confused.

"Where are you at?" Emma's soft voice called out, from the guest bedroom.

"Other room, Emma." Rizzo called out, trying to hold in his laughter. A rush of small footsteps sounded and Emma walked into my bedroom. Giggling, she smiled and looked around my bedroom.

"Hey Emma, I have to leave for now but I'll see you in about an hour when we meet at Wrigley. That okay?" Rizzo tells her. Seeing that she nods, he claps me on the back and waves goodbye.

Hearing the click of my apartment door, Emma giggles again and runs at me.

Not at me but at my bed.

Turning around quickly, I watch her try to scramble up. Shaking my head I reach down and scoop her up, plopping her on the bed. Smiling she stands up and begins to jump.

"C'mon KB." She squeals. Sighing I clamber up onto the bed and lightly begin to bounce on my toes.

I wish I had my camera, I would definitely take a picture of this moment.

Reaching out and grabbing her hands, I let her jump as high as she can. After a few minutes, I can tell her energy has drained and she slowly sinks down and sits on the bed.

Shoot it's already 9 o'clock. I have to be at batting practice at 10.

Jumping off the bed I run into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth at lightening speed, and fixing my hair as best I can I give myself a once over. Nodding at my somewhat acceptable appearance, I look back into the bedroom and motion to Emma. "Hey, wanna brush your teeth?"

"Yes I do. I don't wanna smell like dog." She said as she walked into the bathroom. Grabbing a new toothbrush out of my cabinet, I put toothpaste on it, and hand it to her. Grabbing it out of my hand she begins to brush her teeth. Seeing as Emma's okay, I race into the bedroom and begin collecting my things for batting practice and our game later tonight.

"KB." Emma's gurgled voice called out. Walking back, I'm met with the view of toothpaste all over her face. Laughing I grab her and pick her up leaning her over the sink. I watched her rinse her mouth and scrub the toothpaste off of her face.  Gently putting her down she walks over to a towel and dries her hands and face.

"Alrighty Emma bear, we are almost ready to go to Wrigley. We just need to get a few things." Both of us walking into my bedroom, I pick her up and place her on the bed again. "Well it's gonna be a little chilly today, and really cold tonight so, we can get out a Cubs sweatshirt at the club house. Sound good?" Looking down to her, she nods. "Alright then, I think we are ready to go."

"Ready KB!" Smiling I grab my duffel, and put it on the left shoulder. Hoisting Emma up, I place her on my right shoulder. Naturally her arms wrap around my neck and she places her head on my shoulder.

I could get used to this.

Smiling I grab my keys and wallet and I walk to the apartment door. "Bagels please." Emma quietly whispers. Nodding my head I reach over to the fridge and grab the bagels.

Now we are ready to go.

Stepping through the apartment door, I made sure to lock it, and began walking towards the elevator. Emma and I had random conversations, all the way out of my apartment building and into the parking lot. Unlocking my car, I placed my duffel bag in the backseat and pushed it over to the passenger side. Emma released her arms from around my neck and sat down in the seat.

"Um KB, I don't know how to do this thing." She states as she points at the seat belt. Chuckling I reach and grab the seat belt, and click it into place making sure it was comfortably right around Emma.

"There ya go EB." Her face scrunches up confused. "EB is your nickname, it's just short for Emma Bear. So now when you call me KB, we can be twins and I can call you EB." I tell her as I close her door, and hop into the front seat. Looking in the rear view mirror I watch her smile.

I really need to start taking pictures.

Turning around I give her a silly face, as I back out of the parking spot. She giggles in return, and as I turn around and begin to drive, she continues to giggle, making my smile.

Today's gonna be a great day.

Another update! Don't worry guys I have a lot in store for this book! So sorry for these chapters, they aren't the Best but they are just getting the book started. Thanks for reading again! I'll update again today :)