4.8

Kris's P.O.V.

8:21 A.M.

"Happy first day of May!" Addison cried out as he walked into our room, before stopping and staring at me.

"Sup bro." I gave him a cheerful wave as I turned my attention back to my phone.

"What's going on here?" He asked doubling over laughing. I turned my attention to my right and smiled at the scene beside me. Jake was asleep sprawled out on his stomach, and Rizzo had his legs on top of Jake's back and left arm over his own head. Then finally Emma was lying on top of my stomach.

"Oh you know the usual." I joked carefully shifting over, so he could sit on the end of the bed. "But I really can't remember how I got into this room. All I know is I woke up to Jake climbing up and lying in-between Rizzo and myself because he wanted to join the party or something like that." I set my phone down on top Emma's head balancing it so it didn't fall.

"Well that's pretty interesting." He laughed before looking down at his hands, "I'm sorry about yesterday, I don't know why I flipped out on you about the whole Emma Mike situation. I just wanted to tell you, that I'll support you on everything." He finished giving me a sheepish smile.

"I accept your apology, but please take a picture of this scene." I pointed towards the bed and he nodded grabbing his phone and hoisting it in the air.

"Three, two, one." He smiled and took the picture.

"Cheese." Emma's voice scared the both of us and Addison's phone flew up and then hit the floor.

"Jeez princess you scared us." I laughed clutching my heart which was beating ten times too fast. Smiling she placed my phone in my hand before sitting up and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"What did Addy mention Mike?" She whispered in my ear, causing me to tense up. Quickly untangling myself from the bed, I stood up and walked over to the hotel door.

"We will be back in a few minutes." I gave him a look signaling that it wasn't going to be a good conversation before shutting the door.

"Did I do something wrong?" Emma looked up at me her eyes wide making me stop right before the lobby.

"Emma I don't think you could ever do something wrong." I squeezed her in reassurance before plopping down on a couch.

"So why are we in the lobby?" She wondered looking around before turning back and facing me.

"Well there is a situation with Mike, but it's not bad or anything." I added keeping her calm.

Now how do I lie to my daughter about her ex father threatening take her away?

"The thing is that we have a Cubs family dinner coming up the night we get back which is tomorrow night and he somehow found out about it, and tried getting a ticket. I was alerted right away and made sure he didn't get one." I lied to her giving her a smile.

That was a terrible lie with many flaws.

"Oh okay, that makes sense. We wouldn't want him to crash the party anyways." She giggled causing me to feel bad about lying.

Better this than her being scared.

"How would you feel about dancing right now to work on our moves before tomorrow night?" I asked her standing up. She quickly nodded her head and I walked us back to my bedroom. Unlocking the door, I set her down on the bed and rummaged through my suitcase looking for some clothes. Holding up a pink leotard with a tutu on the bottom I turned to look at her.

"Oh my goodness I love it so much!" She cried out before running over to me and grabbing it from my hands and running into the bathroom. Laughing at her reaction, I slipped on a pair of shorts and a long sleeve shirt and waited for her to come out.

"You look fabulous." I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of her as she put her hair up in a bun and smiled at me. "Ready to go?" I asked putting my phone in my pocket and grabbing her hand. I navigated us throughout the hotel hallway and to the pool and fitness center.

"Are we swimming?" She looked up at me confused as we headed towards the pool. Holding up my index finger I made a quick left and slid my key card into the slot.

"Ta-da." I whipped my arm around showing her the huge dance studio room that I happened to find out when I was looking stuff up on my phone this morning. Giggling she let go of my hand and ran into the room. I walked over to the side and took of my shoes watching Emma do the same so we both were in our socks.

"Can we play music?" She pointed at the speaker system and jumped up and down.

"Sure what do you want to listen to?" I asked her walking over and plugging my phone in.

"Cheap Thrills!" She ran around causing me to shake my head and laugh. Scrolling through my music I pressed the song and winced when it blasted right next to my ear. Quickly I turned it down a little and then sat down in front of the mirror and watched Emma dance around.

"Look at me daddy!" She giggled and put her arms above her head and spun around. Giving her a thumbs up I watched her stop and plant her feet. Spinning off of one leg, she ended up doing a perfect pirouette causing me to drop my jaw.

"How did you do that silly?" I asked as I stood up and walked over to her. She stopped spinning to shrug up at me.

"Here you try." She demonstrated it for me and then motioned for me to try. Shaking my head I planted my feet the best I could and spun around only to end up flying backwards and landing on my elbows.

"I think we should leave the spinning to you." I laughed as she offered me one of her small hands to pull me up. Pulling her to my chest I lifted her onto my shoulders and began dancing around causing her to giggle.

"KB!" She cried out as I spun around holding her legs keeping her from falling. I stopped after a few minutes clutching my stomach because I was laughing to much. Helping her down from my shoulders I sat down on the ground and watched her go over to my phone. Typing in my password, she began scrolling through my songs.

"Not this song." I quickly hop up and jog over to her as Kanye West's Stronger came on. Giving her a smile I quickly pressed another song without looking. Smiling I listened as Count on Me came on. Grabbing Emma's hand I walked her over to the center of the room and placed her feet on mine.

"You can count on me like one, two, three. I'll be there." She sang out matching the lyrics and I smiled joining her. "And I know when I need it. I can count on you like four, three, two. You'll be there." We both sang out as I held both of her hands and slow danced us around the room, dipping her at the end of the song causing her to giggle.

"Now that my friend will definitely raise some money at the charity event tomorrow." Maddon clapped as he walked into the room.

"Thanks!" Emma cheerfully gave him a wave and ran over to the speaker and unplugged my phone.

"It's time for breakfast, you ready to eat?" He asked us as we walked over and put on our shoes.

"Starving!" We both answered at the same time, causing me to smile down at her. "I'm ready for waffles." I added as I lifted Emma up to my hip.

"So am I!" She cried out before nuzzling her head in my neck. Giving Maddon a smile, he opened the door and I followed him out and into the hotel lobby.

Sorry for the late update! But here ya go, one of my favorite chapters to write so far. Thanks for reading :)))