Chapter 26

Skylar pov

When we got back we got into the house in silence. I went upstairs. I began to pack my basics. I had my bag ready to go then I left the bedroom. Chris was just leaving his office and called after me. I just ran down the stairs and to the garage to my car. Chris called out my name and followed me to the door to the house but he then just stood and watched me. I drove out of the gates and towards my old place. To my friend Marie. As I drove my eyes filled up with tears and blurred some of my vision. Tears fell down my cheeks but I drove. I drove until I got there and ran to the door. I knocked. She opened it wide-eyed. She opened her arms and I went to them. 'Listen if he's broke your heart he's messed with the wrong people. I will sort him with my bare hands. But let's get you sorted we will talk tomorrow' I nodded and she let me in. She made me a hot chocolate as I tidied myself up. I told her everything. She was shocked and hugged me every so often. 'Well you can stay here as long as you want . Okay ?' I nodded and thanked her. Then I went to bed.

Chris pov

After everything that had happend she left.

I watched and called after her as she ran out of the house and drove off. I needed her and she needed me. She left. SHE LEFT. I walked back inside and locked the door. I knew she needed space but I needed her with me I loved her and she was supposed to love me. But she left. She wanted space and I knew that but the kids were missing. It wasn't her fault it was mine for leaving her alone. It was mine for not changing the lock on the gate. It was mine for not going to the crash straight away. It was mine for falling in love with a lunatic. It was mine for falling for her and bringing her into this. It was mine for leaving the kids with her when I was at work. It was mine for leaving them alone. It was mine for not moving house. It was mine for every reason. I couldn't let her blame herself for this. But I did and i just let her walk out.