5%

I sat there and looked out the window. I watched as a few small storm clouds rolled in as everyone went into their homes and shut the lights out. The hole town was still and quiet; except for the few that were on guard around the gate. They would be my only problem.

I sighed, taking in the last look I would have of this place. When I thought really hard, I can say I wouldn't miss this place. I would really miss the people in it...some of them.

I waited about another hour after everyone was asleep. I then laced up my old beat up converse, got my backpack, flashlight, and dagger. I took a deep a breath before walking out the door of my house. I set my keys on the porch, saying goodbye to it.

I walked quietly down the sidewalk, knowing no one was on guard on this side. I went to the East side of the wall where Enid would always jump over. I watched her do it over a hundred times.  She would use the botches of the beams to step on, and jump over. So, that's what I did.

It was harder then it seemed. I scraped up my hand trying to support myself. I finally made it up to the top when I swung my legs over to jump over-

"Hey!" Someone shouted from behind me.

I head snapped in that direction quickly out of fear. My shoulders dropped when I looked to see Daryl standing down the road. He just stared at me for a moment. I was waiting for him to yell at me to get down or go run and get someone but he didn't. After a moment, he slowly nodded, and slowly walked away, back to his house.

I felt a pit in my stomach. But that also made me feel like I was doing the right thing. That proves no one will miss me and no one will care I'm gone.

I finally jumped down, stumbling a little when my feet hit the ground. I looked around for a moment to see if I could see anything but I saw absolutely nothing. I couldn't even see my hand when I put it in front of my face. I grabbed my flashlight and flicked it on.

As soon as I went to take one step, I felt something wet hit my face. And again. And again. Until it started to pour down rain. I just stood there in complete shock of my luck.

I threw my hands in the air. "Jesus Christ, of course! Of course! Why not just decide to fucking pour the day I want to run away?!" I yelled.

I sighed, starting to walk anyway. I had a long way to walk.