The End

I looked at Rick, and then back at the people behind him. I sighed and looked down. “Is he treating you okay?” I mumbled, trying so Negan wouldn’t hear me.

    He did. “Fuck, yes I am! Tell her, Rick.” Negan smiled, crossing his arms.

    Rick just shook his head, and looked at me. He scratched his chin, and took a deep breath in. “You… shouldn’t be here.” Rick said quietly, his voice cracking a little.

    I swallowed hard. “W-what?” I stuttered. “What do you mean? I have as any right to be-”

    Before I couldn’t finish that word, a large bang when off, knocking me to my knees. Once it was over, and I opened my eyes to try and see what was happening, I could barely see my hands in front of me, and my ears were ringing. The streets were covered in grey smoke. I looked to where Rick and all of them were standing, and they were gone. I then felt a strong hand grab my upper arms, and pull me up into them.

    “Hey, Kit!” He yelled, but it all sounded muffled behind the ringing. “Are you hurt?”

    I shook my head at him, trying to get the ringing to stop. “What’s happening?!” I yelled at him, barely hearing my own voice.

    Before anyone could say anything else, I started to hear gunfire from all over. The smoke was starting to clear a little bit, and I saw the outlines or people running, and the sparks from people shooting. Negan grabbed me by the arm, and started to run towards the truck. I stopped him though.

    “Wait, Negan, no!” I yelled. “I need to go find-”

    “No, you’re going to sit in the fucking truck.” He snapped back at me, grabbing a gun from the inside.

    “Negan, don’t hurt anyone. Please.” I pleaded.

    “I’m going to kill anyone of these fuckers, they fucked up again.” He said. “Now, get your ass in the damn truck!”

    Before I thought of anything else, I bolted, disappearing into the smoke. I heard Negan calling my name from behind me, but I ignored it. While I was running, I glanced behind me, but while I wasn’t paying attention, I tripped over something and fell on my face. I pushed myself up with my hands, looking to see I tripped on the body of one of Negan’s men that were based here in the town. He was dead. So I snatched his gun.

    I started to fun again, trying to find Rick, or Daryl, or Carol. Someone. I wanted to try and stop this. Try and explain that this was not going to-

    More gunfire was going off, so close to me I swear I could feel it. I spun around, trying to detect which way it was coming from. It was almost impossible. I couldn’t see anything in all this smoke. The gunshots were getting closer and closer. I thought about running, but I didn’t want to run towards the gunshots. I lifted my gun, looking around very closely, trying so hard to pinpoint where it was coming from.

    More shots, and this time with them were footsteps, and the shadow of a person. I couldn’t see who it was at all though. As soon as I held up my weapon, I heard one more go off, followed by a quick, sharp pain to my chest.

Negan’s POV

    When I saw her book it down the road, I started to run after. Fuck, she’s so fucking idiotic sometimes. What the hell does she think she can do? There is no fucking love letters in war, not with these psychos. They hated her guts anyway.

    As I was running, ever gunshot I heard I hoped to god it wasn’t on her. Pretty soon, I saw a shadow of a small figure, I knew it was my KitKat. At the same time, I saw another figure, this one had a gun. As soon as I saw the gun, I started running and yelling to him. But, before I could stop it, I heard one single got shot, a flash, and her body fall.

My whole world stopped. I felt like my lungs were just ripped out of my chest, I couldn't breath.

"No!" I yelled as I ran to her, dropping my gun, and forgetting whoever it was that shot her. I fell down beside her. Words cannot begin to describe.

He eyes were wide, her beautiful face turned pale as she was feeling her own chest, covering her hands in blood.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, shit no..." I whispered to myself in panic. I pulled her into my lap softly, holding her tightly, not caring for the blood. "Baby, you're going to be fine. Look at me, sweetheart." I said.

She looked at me, her eyes filled with fear, and she began to cry. She kept opening her mouth to speak, but only small whimpers came out. I bent down, softly kissing her lips. I can't believe I can fucking say this, but I felt my throat tighten and my eyes swelling with tears. So many fucking God damn tears that wanted spill out.

"N-Negan..." She squeaked out, coughing up blood.

I held her closer. She started to stop moving more, and more. I shook her a little bit, squeezing her more to me.

"Kit... Kitrina!" She wasn't responding anymore, her eyes weren't looking at me. And as I stared into her eyes, I swear I saw her soul leave her body.

"No... Fuck!" I yelled. "Kitrina! Kitrina!" I felt tears actually leaving my eyes, falling on her. "KitKat..."

I heard footsteps approaching, and I quickly gripped Lucille, not losing my grip on Kitrina. I looked to see who was holding the gun. Only to see Daryl. His face full of rage.

I ignored him, hugging her lifeless body tightly. I was going to kill him. I just didn't have the fixing energy now. I thought I was going to die.

People were staring, and there was still shorting going on. I didn't care. I lifted her limp, light, little body up in my arms. Before I turned and started to walk, I looked at Daryl, threw him a glare, and started to walk. The hardest walk of my life.

I've never held onto something so tightly. I've never wanted to scream and yell so loudly, I've never wanted to kill a fucker more, and I've never hated myself more. Since the day I fell in love with this girl, I told myself I'd fucking keep her safe. I couldn't do it. I tried. I loved her.