17

"Alright. Get their shit and let's he's out-" Negan started to go on but I stopped him.

I had to explain more to him what was going on. I couldn't just leave with saying it so bluntly.

"Wait, Negan." I said, lightly tugging on his sleeve. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me. "Can...I talk to them in private about it? Please?" I asked sheepishly.

He scoffed. "No way. Not after what they fucking did to you."

"Negan, they didn't really do anything...can I please just talk to my family."

He sighed, looking down at his feet and thought for a moment. He then looked back at home, and rolled his eyes. "You get 15 minutes. Got it?" He snapped.

I smiled. "Okay. Thank you."

With that, I went to the church.

~~•••~~

I was sitting in the church when they came in. Only a select few were invited to come to the church for me to explain. Like Carol, Carl, Rick, Daryl and so on. I sat there quietly as they gathered around me. They looked at me waiting for me to talk. To be quite honest I was at a loss for words again.

"Well...you had us come here. You going to waste our time. Say something." Rosita snapped.

I brought myself to look up at everyone. So many mixed emotions were being shown...mostly very angry emotions. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"I...never did this on purpose...." I started out.

"Oh. So you accidentally stabbed us in the back?" Rosita interrupted me.

"Let her talk." Carl glared at her.

I suddenly felt more sheepish, thinking maybe it wasn't such a good idea to do this. As in talk to them one on one.

I gathered my thoughts again. "When Negan first took me, I'm going to admit I did develop feelings for him. But a majority of the time I had no choice on whether or not I wanted to be there. But when he did give me the option to leave, I decided to come back. I could have stayed there."

"And what do you want? A cookie? Staying there should have never even come to mind for you. That is if you really cared about anybody here." Sasha scoffed.

"But you don't understand. I was scared if-" I was cut off once again.

"There are no 'buts' Kit...you came back...sure. But then you left...on your own. You made that choice." Rick spoke softly, his voice laced with sadness.

I swallowed hard. I was now struggling to not cry. "I understand. That was all my decision. But, come on...let all be real. No one wants me here. I don't belong here anymore. You all look at me as if I'm Negan."

"Might as well. Yer' his pet at least." Daryl mumbled.

Daryl's words always hurt more than everyone else's for some reason. I know they do because Daryl never says anything he doesn't mean...he won't say it if he feels like it's not worth saying.

It was difficult to look him in the eye anymore. So I looked down at my feet. "No. I'm not." I said through clenched teeth.

"Then why did you end up sleeping with him-" Daryl started to yell.

"No. Stop..." Carl said, making the room go quiet once again. "Let her say her part...so she can go." He said, seeming very upset.

I sighed out a deep breath. "Look...bottom line is, I'm leaving. I don't belong here. This is no longer home for me." Saying that hit me hard. All the emotions of this hole situation were just now washing over me. Me realizing just how real this is. "So...goodbye I guess." I said, feeling tears escape and run down my cheeks as I stood up.

With that being said, everyone simply started to walk out. No looks, no goodbyes. Not even a wave. Nothing. Before Rick walked out, he stopped and pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly. The last time I would be hugging my older brother.

Daryl stopped in front of me too, slinging his arms around me, pulling me into his body. I didn't hug back for a moment in shock. After a moment, he brought his lips down to my ear, whispering' "you just started a hole new war."