4%

I  mapped out a small plan in my head that same day I had thought of leaving. At first I was like no way and it was just a thought. But, as I thought more about it, I thought that I could actually do it...and I can actually do it.

All I needed were a few things, like a weapon to protect myself with, a flashlight since I would be leaving at night, and maybe a bag just in case I found things along the way. Big problem was where am I going to get a weapon?

Negan took all of our guns...not half like said, but all of our guns. That and no one trusts me to have daggers or anything else. So I have a real problem. I have about two hours left until it gets dark and people start going into their homes. So that gives me about two hours to get what I need.

To get a gun, or even a knife I have to ask someone. I can't do it on my own. So, the first person that came to mind was Enid. She would keep a secret.

I walked around looking for her, that girl was never where she was supposed to be. I don't blame her though. She was taking Glenn's death pretty hard. And after Maggie lost her baby she was having a rough time as well. It didn't take me long to find her sitting in the tree that hung over the graves of people we had buried. She had a book in her hand, looking deep in thought.

"Enid..." I said. No answer. "Hey, Enid!"

She jumped, having to balance herself not to fall. Her expression softened when she saw it was me. She sighed. "What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Looking for you...I had a feeling you would be here." I shouted up at her. "Can you come down...I want to talk to you about something." I said, making me approach a little more serious.

She gave me a skeptical look before climbing down the tree. She walked over to me, crossing her arms.

"Carl says it's not smart to talk to you right now." She mumbled.

I felt a pit in my stomach when she said that. "Yea, he's not the only one who says that..." I sighed. I didn't say anything for a moment, trying to think how I was going to say this. "Enid... I know you might. It like this and agree with my decision... but I-"

"You're leaving..." she shrugged.

I was shocked. How did she know?

"...how did you-?"

"People treat you like crap. This isn't your home anymore, Kit. I know. I can see it in your expression." She shrugged. "I don't blame you...I hate you for doing it...but I don't blame you."

I wasn't expecting that at all. Hearing those words hurt, but also gave me relief that she is excepting this. She would be the only one.

"I....I need a gun." I said bluntly.

She scoffed. "Good luck with that."

"No. Enid, I know you can help me. You're sneaky. You have to have something. It doesn't even have to be a gun. I just need something to protect myself with."

She thought about it for a moment, and rolled her eyes, digging into her pocket. She pulled out a small dagger, handing it out to me.

I looked at her. "You keep a dagger in your pocket? Without anything covering it?"

"Do you want it?" She snapped.

I took it. I then looked at her, and wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you." I said quickly.

She barleys hugged me back before I let go and quickly started walking back down the road. Now all I had to do is go home and wait.

-----------
Sorry these chapters are boring but next chapter will be lit I promise. Thank you all for the great feedback! And now we're ranked #22 in Fan Fiction!!! I love you guys so much! Thankies 🤘🏻❤️