Irreplacable

CHAPTER 44

My feet are aching as I've been walking around for a quite a while with Andrea, meeting people. I complain to Andrea about having a migraine and she allows me to go.

I dread going to my room. I begin walking slowly but then increase my speed because I don't want Andrea introducing me to more people. I think I've met enough people for one day.

 Walking inside my room, I see that Katie is sitting down on my bed, Lucy is on her phone and Lily is staring out the window. I clear my throat, making my presence heard. They all stop what they were doing and Katie says 'finally!'

'I know right, my feet are killing me.' I complain as I sit on my bed.

 'You complain too much,' Katie states. I know it's true but I'm not going to admit that so I say 'whatever you say.' The tension in the room is really uncomfortable. I've only noticed it now as Katie stopped talking and Lily and Lucy aren't talking either. 'So, what's this "talk" about?'

'Your friendship with Lily and Lucy.' I look at Katie and ask 'what friendship?' Lily scoffs and says 'rude.'

'No one asked you for your opinion Lily, so in future, just keep it to yourself!' This time Lucy scoffs and Katie says 'you guys have to sort this out.'

'Katie, there is nothing to sort out.'

'Are you being serious Kiera? You guys can't even stay in the same room without at least one of you saying something. I talk to all of you and it's weird for me because I don't want to choose between you guys and I know if things aren't sorted out now, you'll tell me to choose.'

'We wouldn't do that.' Lily instantly replies confidently.

'Oh really Lily?

'Yes, well I don't think Lucy and I would.' I scoff not bothering to respond.

'Well you probably didn't think you'd replace Kiera with Liz as well did you?' Lily sighs and says 'we haven't replaced Kiera.'

'You have and everyone knows it, it's that obvious.' Lily rolls her eyes and Katie continues, 'I’m not doing this to be nasty, I’m doing this because I miss the younger versions of us hanging out together.'

'Katie, we still hang out so I don't know why you're overreacting.' I mumble quietly.

'Yes, Kiera but not all together.' The room becomes silent again but a knock on the door breaks it.

 'Hey, what are you guys all doing in here?' Liz asks.

 'Just talking,' Katie replies.

 'Oh, well let's go downstairs and watch a movie.'

'I'll watch a movie with you and I'm sure they will join us in a bit.' Liz doesn't seem to think anything of it and says 'okay, we're not watching The Lord of the Rings though.'

'Fine, I'll let you choose this time.'

'Yay!' Liz walks out skipping, obviously excited. Katie turns around to face us and says 'you guys do need to talk.'

'Yes, I know Katie, I did say that remember?' Katie rolls her eyes at Lily's response and says 'fine, I'll leave you guys to it.' She turns to walk of my room but stops as she reaches for the handle. She turns back to face us and demands 'oh yeah, please don't leave this room until you three have sorted out your....Differences.' I sigh loudly and ask 'anything else?'

'Nope, so I'll see you later!' She walks out of the door and we hear her footsteps becoming distant. Lily walks over to me and sits opposite me on my bed and says 'I heard you feel that we replaced you.'