♔8

pinkeu ❀'s playlist
⇢ the 7th sense - nct u
⇢ all i wanna do - jay park
⇢ perfect man - shinhwa

--- ꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡ pinkeu ❀

* whenever i use just plain italics like in the previous chapter that's usually flashbacks or thoughts but if it's italics and underlined it's what's written in your diary

his hands laid on top of the rough leather as he thought to himself if he should really do this. but then the selfish part of him came to him and he flipped the cover over once again. skipping the first page, he read the sloppy handwriting that was scattered across the whole page.

dear future self,
this is my diary. well it's actually yk's but we decided to both share. wondering or don't remember why i'm writing yk instead of his real name? because he told me that if anyone got there hands on this he would want to stay unknown. anyways, today me and yk were downstairs and saw father getting yelled at by the king. my heart felt like it was going to break when i heard the reason. i honestly don't think i'll ever forget.

changkyun furrowed his eyebrows as he skimmed down the page, trying to find out what the king said. but nowhere did you write about it.

so when i decided to ask father about it, he didn't give me a clear explanation. but it all came together like a puzzle. the real reason why i shoulder fight. he wanted me to fight and train myself had to do with this. i won't fight to harm people. i'll only do it to stand up for what's right. i hope that i will still think about this the same way in the future.

turning the pages over, changkyun looked for words that might stand out or look more mysterious in a way. that's when his finger landed on a word.

death.

today was basically all about that word. me and yk went through the hole in the wall covered in cloaks. we joined the crowd who all had their eyes on my father, who's hands were trapped around the guards. i couldn't bare to watch. my hands felt cold and they still do. the blood that splattered everywhere and his head that rolled off the stage felt like nightmare. i hope it was. i'd rather have it be a nightmare than it actually happening. i was gonna run towards him but then yk told me that what he did was wrong. i knew what he did was wrong. i was against. i hate him for that. but i just have so many mixed feelings about this.

my heart completely stopped when my mother was dragged up there. my beloved mother who did nothing wrong. well, she did do somethings but she still did everything for me.

his finger touched the paper that was dried up in spots, which was probably once covered in your tears.

i miss you father. even though you weren't the perfect father, even though you made horrible mistakes, i wish i could see your face one last time. i miss you mother. even though you hit me and made me shed blood many times, i still miss you. future [y/n], you must be reading this to yourself thinking, why would i cry over these people who made these terrible actions? but always remember that they could've left you instead of taking you in and raising you to the strong, brave and powerful woman you're going to be.

"i wonder how old she was when she wrote this", changkyun slightly laughed, surprised at your way with words.

he then looked back a few pages and remembered that this diary also belong to this yk, so he searched through the diary trying to find where he wrote.

"oh here it is."

i already knew this was gonna happen. about [y/n]'s parents dying and everything. my heart ached as well. i mean, i treasure [y/n] more than anything, i know her better than anyone, so i know she'll never try to kill someone.

"her father killed someone?"

i saw her father open my door with his sword in his hand. the glare of it against the moonlight raised above my head. my throat burned as i screamed. i never thought it was true. that her father was a prince hunter. my hands got caught up in the blankets and the lights shot on. the guards dragged him away as my breath felt like it was on fire. i was so scared. the next morning, me and [y/n] stood outside the king's door, or should i say my father's. they were going to kill her and her parents. but i wouldn't let them kill her. no one ever touches her.

so i begged to my father. [y/n] isn't a bad person. she had nothing to do with this. my father told me i was just a crazy 8 year old. but i knew exactly what i was saying. surprisingly, he actually listened to me. i was so relieved to know that she was going to be alive with me. i also felt guilty that i couldn't save her parents. i'm sorry [y/n]. but even if i tried, father wouldn't let anyone who tried to kill me or anyone stay alive. and i'm pretty sure you understand that too.

"her father's a prince hunter..."

"you found that out just now, prince?"

changkyun looked up at evana who was smirking at him. shutting the diary, he held a tight grip on it.

"don't you know how to knock?", he snapped.

"i was just here to tell you something important."

"what is it?"

"the reason why [y/n] is actually here. i mean, don't you think it all comes together? your father hates you and [y/n]'s father was a prince hunter. don't you see the connection?"

"[y/n] would never do something like that."

"you even read it yourself."

"all it said was her father doing so, not her. even the boy said so."

"a boy? what boy?"

evana bent down and tried to grab the diary from changkyun's hands, but changkyun held it tight and slapped her hands away.

"you don't have any respect for me do you? if i say you can't touch it, you can't. don't forget who you are, maid."

"i'm only trying to protect you. besides, when did [y/n] become your number one priority? i've known you longer."

"you were never my number one in the first place and i don't know what you mean by that anyways."

"well don't be surprised if you find out why she runs away from you. poor girl thinks she's gonna caught with killing you", evana said as she put her finger by her neck, making a slicing motion as she finally took her leave.

changkyun sat there, thinking about what evana said.

"what if she's actually trying to kill me?"