♔ 47

pinkeu ❀'s playlist
⇢ i got you - the east light

--- ꒰♡ˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈꒱.⑅*♡ pinkeu ❀

chapter 23 has another flashback of changkyun's mother so i'll recap some of that and continue from it

"he's not just a boy, my love. he's your son!"

"i'm the one that held him for 9 months. shouldn't i be able to do whatever i want?"

"what did you say?"

the wife, clearly pissed off, grabbed the man's sword out his case off the wall and held it high above his head.

"I DON'T WANT HIM! DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! EITHER YOU KEEP ME AND KILL HIM OR I GET RID OF YOU!"

she cut the man by the back of his throat, luckily it only made a deep scar. the woman ran out the room, finding the baby's room. opening the door she saw the baby. her baby. her husband ran after her as she tilted the sword towards the baby's sleeping body.

"PLEASE STOP!"

"why? are you saying you want the baby over me?"

the wife looked at him with an insane look. she was so full of herself, thinking she was best out of them all. the man looked her dead in the eye.

"i won't let you kill my son. get out of here."

"you're really kicking me out?", she laughed hysterically and not believing her ears.

"i won't let you kill my son. i can raise him on my own."

a bunch of guards flooded the room, taking his wife, or ex-wife, away from him. the man cried as he weeped on the marble tiles. he felt weak.

quietly, he picked up the baby, singing it a lullaby and stroking its soft head.

"don't worry changkyun, i'll always protect you..."

"you can't protect him!", his wife screamed.

"yes i can. unlike you, you want to kill him", the king gritted his teeth.

"unlike me? at least i don't want to raise him into killing people in the night!"

the king froze at her words, signaling the guards to let go of her and leave.