♠CHAPTER•FIVE♣

3:25 p.m

Tyler waited outside of the school for Matty. Tonight they were gonna watch a movie together. He sat down on the steps and bounced his knee.

Tyler was startled when he heard his name called out, "Tyler!" Tyler turned his head to see Josh approaching him. He had a cigarette lazily hanging out of his mouth.

Tyler was a bit surprised at the fact Josh smoked, but it didn't really bother him. Tyler smiled and waved at Josh, "Hey."

Josh reached him and nodded to the step, "Mind if I sit?"

Tyler shook his head, "I don't mind." Josh sat by him and took his cigarette out of his mouth to blow out a puff of smoke.

Josh looked at his cigarette then to Tyler with a worried expression, "It doesn't change the way you look at me since I smoke, does it?"

Tyler smiled kindly, "No, it doesn't change my perspective of you."

Josh smiled and put the cigarette back in his mouth. Tyler eyed the cigarette. He wondered what it would be like to be inside a burning ember.

Tyler cleared his throat absentmindedly and looked at his feet, "So...how long have you been living here now?"

Josh shrugged and squinted his eyes at the sky, "I don't know. Like...three weeks now?"

Tyler nodded, "Cool."

Josh looked at Tyler and tilted his head, "Why are you just sitting here? Waiting for a ride?"

Tyler shook his head with a blush. He was a little hesitant about telling Josh he was gay. He wasn't sure if Josh would accept him for it. Tyler told him anyway, "I'm waiting for my boyfriend. We're going on a date."

Josh smiled, "Cool. I saw you and your boyfriend earlier in the hall. Matty, right?"

Tyler nodded, a wave of relief washing over him, "Ya."

Josh smiled even bigger, "You guys look really cute together."

Tyler blushed and laughed embarrassedly. Tyler felt a vibration in his pocket, signaling he got a text. He took out his phone and unlocked it.

Matty: hey babe, I'm gonna have to cancel the date tonight. Gotta help my mom with some things.

Tyler: oh, ok. I'll talk to you later.

Matty: love you

Tyler: love you too

Tyler put his phone away and let out a sigh.

Josh frowned, "Is everything ok?"

Tyler nodded, "Ya, just, Matty canceled the date."

Josh's frown deepened, "Oh, sorry."

Tyler shrugged, "Eh, it's not the first time."

Josh's eyebrows furrowed, "He's canceled before?"

Tyler nodded, "Ya, he's really busy, I guess."

Josh rolled his eyes, "If I had a boyfriend, I would make as much time as I needed for him."

Tyler chuckled, "Ya, but I know he loves me."

"Lies."