♠CHAPTER•TEN♣️

Gasp! An update???

4:12 p.m

Tyler and Josh sat on couch talking about random things when Kelly walked through the front door. She smiled at the two boys. They both turned around and waved. "Hey," they said in unison causing them to stare at each other before laughing.

Kelly rolled her eyes and shook her head with a laugh, "You boys are crazy." She walked into the kitchen to put away the groceries she got on her way back from work. Once she finished she walked back into the living room, "Tyler, are you still going to Matty's tomorrow?" Josh's eyes widened as Tyler suddenly started crying. Kelly gasped, "Tyler, what's wrong?"

Josh shot to his feet and pulled Kelly into the kitchen. He told her what happens and she instantly felt bad. The two walked back out and hugged Tyler on either side.

They helped him calm down and Kelly frowned, "I'm so sorry, Tyler. Matty's, and excuse my language, is a real bastard for that." Tyler let out a half hiccup half laugh at his mothers words of wisdom.

Josh looked at the clock, "I should probably get going. I'll see you at school tomorrow, Tyler."

Tyler smiled and waved goodbye, but josh hugged him instead. Tyler hugged back before Josh let go and left. Kelly smiled, "He really is a nice kid. Your lucky to have him as a friend."

Tyler smiled at the door where Josh was just a few moments ago, "Ya."

+++

Tuesday, December 10, 2005
11:20 a.m

Josh tapped his finger against the desk as he continued to glance back and forth between the teacher and the clock. He bounced his knees anxiously, dying to get out of class. He was ready to go eat lunch. Josh wouldn't be surprised if he started digesting himself already. He looked back at the clock.

Three

Two

One

The bell went off and Josh shot out of his seat. He rushed out of the room and to the cafeteria. He met Tyler in lunch line and smiled, "Hey, Tyler."

Tyler smiled back, "Hey, Josh. Um, I was wondering if I could sit with you at your table today?"

Josh noticed Tyler glance at his normal table. He turned around to see Matty sitting there. Josh smiled back at Tyler, "Of course you can."

Josh had a sudden urge to go up to Matty and slug him across the face. After Tyler and Josh got there food, they headed back to the table. Josh sat down and Tyler hesitated before sitting down.

The two other boys at the table stared at him, confused in why the best basketball player was sitting with them.

Josh noticed the tension and smiled, "Hey, Tyler's gonna be sitting with us. Is that cool?"

Pete was he first to speak, "so what happened between you and Matty?"

Josh punched Pete's shoulder and he let out a yelp, "Ow! Sorry!"

Tyler didn't really know that this guy knew about him and Matty. He smiled weekly, "Oh, h-he cheated on me, but it's no big deal."

Pete shook his head, "I always knew he was an asshat." Tyler snorted and took a bite out of his pizza. Patrick cleared his throat, "Um, just in case you didn't know. I'm Patrick, and the idiot right there is Pete. Usually we have another kid sitting with us, but he's sick, so he won't be back for a while."