♠️CHAPTER•THIRTY•SIX♣️

Tyler walked down the stairs nervously. Him and Em just got done talking. When he reached the kitchen, he couldn't speak. He was nervous. He didn't want Josh to hate him forever. That was his biggest fear now.

Josh turned around and smiled. He slowly walked up, not wanting to upset Tyler. He wasn't sure if Tyler was still unstable right now. Josh hesitantly wrapped his arms around Tyler and Tyler flinched. Josh was about to let go, but Tyler hugged him tightly.

Josh let out a breath of relief, "I love you, Tyler. You know that, right?"

Tyler nodded, choking back the tears. He was finally able to speak, "I love you too. I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry for snapping at you."

Josh shook his head, "It's ok. I completely understand."

Tyler breathed in heavily, "C-can I talk to you?"

Josh nodded, "Of course you can."

They headed back up to Josh's room. Em was sitting on the bean bag. She raised her eyebrows at Tyler, "Do you want me to leave?"

Tyler shook his head, "N-no. I need you to stay."

Em nodded, "Ok."

Josh looked at them confused, "Is everything ok?" Tyler sat on the bed and Josh sat next to him.

Tyler's eyes filled with tears, "Promise you won't hate me?"

Josh had an uneasy feeling in his stomach, "I could never hate you, darling."

•TRIGGER WARNING: mention of self-harm•

Tyler let out a nervous breath before pulling up his sleeve. Josh's eyes went wide as tears filled them. He looked at Tyler who was staring at him. He looked at Em with wide eyes, then back to Tyler. His skin was slightly pale and his mouth parted in shock.

Em spoke up, "Josh, its ok."

Josh stared at the scars. "T-Tyler..."

Tyler began crying, "Please don't be mad. I don't want you to be mad at me."

Josh, not hearing Tyler, looked back at Em, "You knew about this?" He shot to his feet and points at her, "You fucking knew about this?!"

Tyler let out a sob and Em stood up calmly, "Josh....you have to understand that this isn't easy for Tyler to tell you this."

Josh glared, "But you knew about this and didn't bother telling me?!"

Em raised her voice slightly, only for josh to hear her over his ranting, "He only told me today, Josh. Please, calm down."

Josh looked at Tyler, tears filling his eyes. "W-why would you do this to yourself?"

Em scowled, "Josh! How could you say that?"

Tyler let out a sob, "Y-you said you wouldn't be mad."

Josh gulped and wiped his eyes. "I'm not mad," josh muttered and he looked at the ceiling, trying to get the tears to stop.

Tyler's lip quivers, "J-josh-" before Tyler could finish, josh rushed out the door. Tyler buried his head in his hands and sobbed, "I-I shouldn't have told him. Now he's gonna leave me."

Em stood up, "I'll be right back, Tyler. I'm gonna have a little talk with Josh."

Tyler gulped, "H-he's gonna hate me now."

Em smiled and placed a kiss on Tyler's cheek, "He could never hate you. He loves you too much."

Tyler watched as Em walked out the door. She marched down the stairs and Laura stopped her, "Em, do you know what's wrong with Josh? He's on the porch right now smoking? He hasn't smoked since he met Tyler?"