♠CHAPTER•TWENTY•NINE♣️

Wednesday, December 25, 2005
12:30 p.m.

Tyler was startled awake by the door opening to his hospital room. Josh stopped and looked at Tyler with a smile. He had a few bags hanging around his arms. Josh's cheeks were rosy from the cold from outside and he wore a Christmas sweater with a kitten on it.

Tyler giggled, "I like your Christmas sweater."

Josh dropped the bags carefully and walked up to Tyler. He bent over to kiss his boyfriend, "Merry Christmas, baby."

Tyler blushed, "Merry Christmas."

Tyler looked over Josh, "What's in the bags?"

Josh smirked, "Can't tell."

Tyler pouted, "How come?"

Josh stood straight, "Because, but I will give you one thing right now."

Josh walked to the bags and pulled out a flower crown. Tyler smiled brightly and his eyes lit up. Josh walked back to Tyler and placed it atop his head. He kissed Tyler's nose, "I told you I would make you a new one. A prince needs his crown."

Tyler giggled and kissed Josh gently. He pulled away with a bright smile, "I love you."

Josh smiled back, "I love you too."

Tyler's stomach erupted with butterflies. He was obsessed with saying that now. He wanted to say it all day and scream it at the top of the highest platform. But most of all, he loved that Josh said it back. Tyler laid his head back down and looked at the ceiling.

Josh's sat in the still next to him, "So, are you happy Christmas is here?"

Tyler shrugged, "For once...no."

Josh frowned, "How come?"

Tyler looked at Josh, "I told you why. It won't be like every other year. I'm stuck in this bed all day. My legs are so bruised up, I can hardly walk."

Josh rubbed Tyler's arm gently, "I promise, today will turn out fine."

As if on cue, Tyler's family opened the door and walked in. Laura and her kids also walked in. To top that off, Pete, Patrick, and Brendon followed behind all of them. Tyler smiled when they all said 'Merry Christmas' in unison.

Tyler let out a laugh, "Merry Christmas."

They all had presents stacked in their hands. Josh walked to the pile of bags and pulled out a mini Christmas tree. He placed it on the stand next to Tyler, "You can't have Christmas without a Christmas tree."

Tyler smiled and ran his fingers over the fake Christmas tree, but it was as good as any real tree. There was even a little star on the top. Everyone put the presents down in one corner of the room and they all gathered around the bed with Tyler laying in it.

Kelly smiled kindly at Tyler, "We know how much you love Christmas, and we wanted to make this as special as any other year."

Josh went back to the bags and pulled out a present, "This is the first present you need to open." He handed it to Tyler and he slowly opened it. It revealed a toy piano.

Tyler let out a laugh of joy and his eyes lit up at josh, "A toy piano?"

Josh nodded, "So we can sing Christmas songs."

Tears of joy filled Tyler's eyes, "Did you guys plan all this?"

Pete shook his head, "No, it was all Josh. He called all of us and told us his idea."

Kelly nodded, "We all thought it was a wonderful idea, so here we are."

Jay jumped up and down, "Do you like it?"

Tyler smiled at everyone, "I love it."

They all stood there smiling before Madison broke it, "Alright! How about we open presents now!"

They all spent the next hour opening presents. If Tyler had to pick a favorite, it would be the tag necklace Josh got him. 'A prince needs his crown' was engraved in it with Tyler and Josh's initials on the back.

Tyler loved it.

The flower crown still laid on his head as he played with the necklace that was now around his neck. He pulled the toy piano on his lap and smiled, "Let's do some caroling." Everyone got situated and Tyler tried the best he could with the cast.

Everyone instantly recognized jingle bells. The loudest one singing was Jay. He danced around and waved his hands in the air while he sang his big heart out. Kelly said Tyler and Jay were just alike.

They didn't disagree.

Around dinner time, Tyler began to grow sleepy. All the medications he was on made it harder to stay awake. They all wished him a merry Christmas before they left.

Josh stayed, of course. He crawled in with Tyler and Tyler snuggled close to him. "Thank you, Josh. This was probably the best Christmas ever."

Josh chuckled as he stared into Tyler's eyes. He caresses his eyes, "I told you everything would work out. I would never break a promise."

Tyler's eyes slowly slipped shut with the smile still present on his face. Josh took the flower crown off and set it on the stand. He didn't want it to get crushed while they were sleeping.

Josh got comfortable, making sure Tyler was still snuggled close to him. He sighed through his nose happily. Tyler mumbled sleepy, "I love you."

Josh kissed the top of his head, "I love you too."

They were both addicted to the words, but they didn't care.

I am currently watching the whole terminator series. I loooove terminator. Lol. Sorry it's bit of a short chapter again. Anyway, enjoy your weekend frens. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!

Xoxo