Chapter 6

'So, how was your first night at the Stratford Halo tower?' Freya asked in a posh accent. She was already in the kitchen when I shuffled down the hallway. Her question reminded me of the dream I had, and a small shiver was sent down my spine.

'It was okay. I had a weird dream, though.' I told her, reaching out for a glass from the cabinet and then holding it under the tap.

'Oh, do you want to tell me about it?' She asked kindly but I shook my head so she shrugged. We sat down at the little kitchen island together. 'I'm really sorry Josh had to bring Simon last night.' She said after a couple seconds of a comfortable silence. 'You looked really uncomfortable with him around.'

I ruefully looked up from my glass. 'It's okay. I guess I have to get used to it, with all of us being so close. I can't really just kick him out of my life.' I said. I pulled the sleeves of my over-sized hoodie over my palms.

'We really need to go grocery shopping.' She said, her voice suddenly a lot brighter at the change of topic. It made me laugh.

'Yeah, we really do.' I agreed. We barely had anything in the house. Just the last few sips of the cheap champagne from last night, tap water and a couple of crumpets. 'Is Sarah up yet?' I asked her but she shook her head.

'I think I heard her practicing some song in her room late at night yesterday. It's probably one for a new video?' She said and I nodded.

'It's so cool to live together. I still can't get over it.' My own words gave me goosebumps.

'I know! Isn't it so exciting? I usually never get to see you otherwise! I also really want to go to Ikea to buy some nice things. Our flat looks kind of... naked... right now.' Freya hesitated upon her choice of words and I burst out laughing.

'I see what you mean...' I said, glancing around the kitchen and living room.

'What's going on? Why do you have to be so loud?' Sarah asked as she walked into the main area as well, her sleepy bed hair showing that she must have just woken up.

'Just talking about how naked our apartment is.' I told her and she raised an eyebrow at me, a little smile showing on her lips.

'I don't see why you're so upset that he was there. He didn't really do anything. He just asked you for a glass of water.' Sarah argued as we walked around town. We were each carrying one bag: either of groceries or of little decorations for around the flat. And our conversation was about Simon yet again.

'Well, wouldn't you be upset if your ex boyfriend just showed up the day you move into your new flat and decided to stay until late at night?' I asked and she wrinkled her nose in thought.

'I get you're trying to avoid him and that he makes you feel uncomfortable, but you probably do the same thing to him.' Freya said and I nodded.

'But if he wants to avoid me then surely he wouldn't have wanted to come to our flat in the first place.' I replied. The three of us were left in a confused silence, all of us thinking hard.

'Then that means he still likes you. Case closed.' Sarah came to a conclusion and cut off my train of thought.

'Simon Minter cannot still like me!' I almost shouted, and the people walking around us shot me weird looks. I sunk my head down in embarrassment, trying to hide my face behind my hair that was blowing in the wind.

The rest of the short walk home was mostly silent, except for when some of the boys' fans recognised uusand stopped us to take some pictures. 'You're Simon's...' One of them looked up at me. You're Simon's ex-girlfriend, right? I knew the question they were about to ask, but decided to save them from the awkwardness, so I just nodded.

'It's so nice to meet you. And Lu, I'm really sorry about Simon.' The little girl said. She looked up at me with big blue eyes, lighter than Simon's. She must have been around 14.

'That's really sweet of you, but I'm okay, I promise.' I smiled down at her. She smiled back and opened her arms wide for another hug, which I gladly accepted.

'Okay, bye! We hope you have a nice day!' She said as she and her small girl group started walking away in fits of giggles, waving goodbye as they swiped through the photos we just took on their phones.

'How cute were they?' Freya asked. She had been smiling nonstop for the last 10 minutes.

'Really cute,' Sarah giggled. The little meet up had us feeling giddy all the way back home.

'Right, let's put all the groceries away and make the living room look a little less naked, and then I want to film something for my channel. Lu, are you willing to help me out after?' Sarah asked me as we entered our flat.

I smiled. 'Of course!' I told her and hurried down the hallway to already get my camera. I loved taking pictures. Especially when Saz was singing; the pictures always ended up looking so emotional and inspirational, as if she really was telling a story although you couldn't hear it.

'Hey! Come help us with the groceries first!' Freya called from the kitchen.

'I'm coming!' I yelled back from my room. I quickly grabbed my camera from all my photography bits that were currently just scattered on the floor next to my bed. I'll have to find a nice shelf for that, maybe when we go to Ikea.

I quickly helped load everything into the fridge and cupboards and so on, and then helped with Sarah's set up as she went to go touch up her makeup. Not that she needed it.

Then Freya, Saz and I all sat down in front of her camera and keyboard. Sarah said she wanted a quick little introduction to explain the change of setting, and then Freya would disappear to do whatever she wanted, and I'd disappear to behind the camera.

'Hey everyone!' Sarah smiled and waved at the camera, and Freya and I followed suit. 'So I'm here with Lu and Freya, and I know my background will look a bit different to you all.' She moved her hand to point at the kitchen behind her, looking in the viewfinder to know she was pointing in the right direction. 'And that's because Lu and Freya and I have moved in together!' She announced enthusiastically, hanging her arms around our necks.

'Yay?!' I said awkwardly and we all burst out laughing.

'Anyways, let's get on with the song.' She said, and Freya and I stood up.

Sarah sang so beautifully, I couldn't resist stepping away from behind the camera, setting up my own camera, and taking a couple of close ups, staying out of her camera's view. These were definitely going up on Instagram.

Then I pulled out my phone. I felt like I hadn't been on Twitter in ages, so I quickly typed up a status.

Was so lovely to meet four of the nicest fans, you girls were so nice!

I tweeted it after finding one of the pictures we took from their twitter account and added it to my tweet. All the smiles in that picture made me so happy.

After I posted it, I couldn't help but scroll through my feed. There was some tweets from fans messaging me, complimenting how I looked in a picture or whatever. But then I stopped and my heart sunk.

'Lu, are you okay? You've gone as pale as a sheet.' Sarah asked, and suddenly I noticed she had already finished filming.

I didn't say anything and my eyes were fixed on my screen.

Wedgeman Simon @miniminter - 2m

I've done something so wrong and I want to fix it but I don't know how 💔

---

Oooh.... Simon announcing it to the public now.... :)

Mel xx