Chapter 29

Warning: this chapter contains a lot of swear words so if that makes you feel uncomfortable then I'm not sure you should read it 😬 it's an important part of the story though.

Simon's face hardened instantly, a frown settling on his face. I could see him clenching and unclenching his fists, making his knuckles go white. 

'Um, what?' He asked. His eyes had turned a cold, deep blue. 

'What happened that one night? We were supposed to have a Movie Night but you weren't there.' I repeated with a stern look settling on my face. His eyes flickered around the room, specifically to the closed door behind me, and then back to me. He tensed his jaw before he spoke. 

'I'm not sure I know what you're talking about...' He seemed hesitant about what he said but it was enough to make my blood boil. 

'For fuck's sake Simon! It was a Friday, we were supposed to have a Movie Night! I came home from uni feeling exhausted as hell, I called your name several times but you weren't there. You know what I found instead? Some fucking Samantha whore texting you and calling you 'babe'. So don't fucking tell me you don't know what I'm fucking talking about!' I yelled at him. My hands were clammy and I was sure his were too, from the panic he was trying to hide in his eyes. 

'Really? Really, Lucifer? You think I'd really be seeing someone behind your back? You really think I'd cheat on you? Do you not trust me at all?' Simon started raising his voice, too. 'I can't believe you'd fucking doubt me like that. Am I really that much of a dickhead to you?' The veins in his neck were standing out. 

Sweat trickled down my back as guilt washed over me once more. 'Well who the fuck was she?'

'Lucifer, you know I do stupid shit for videos all the time! I don't know anybody called Samantha! I was filming a video with Josh where we pretended to get texts from some girl, so I changed his name in my contacts to Samantha. Are you happy now?' He stood up and glared down at me. I tensed my jaw, not knowing what to say.

'I thought you had seen the picture of some fan kissing me in the street and I thought that's what made you so upset. I knew I shouldn't have let her kiss me, but what you've assumed is crazy beyond belief. So what about you and that Will guy now, huh? You seem to be fairly close to him.' 

'Will has nothing to do with this.' I shot back immediately. Well, he did, but I decided not to tell him.

Simon raised an eyebrow in disbelief. 

'He's just a good friend I made in uni,' I continued. 

'Oh really,' He said sarcastically. 'How come I've only heard about him now, then. Did nothing happen behind my back?' He quizzed. 

I gasped. I was not the kind of person to do things behind other people's backs and he knew that. It just seemed to surreal that Simon, who once meant the world to me, was doubting me and his trust in me. 

'Or is it just a coincidence that he was at our café when you were on a lunch date with Ed?' He asked again. I felt the blood run cold in my veins. His dog tag was swinging around gently as he spoke, and his fingers ran through his messy silver hair.

'How do you know about that?' My knees were trembling and my palms felt as clammy as ever. Simon just shrugged in response, squinting his eyes at me slightly. 

'You know, I was actually out getting some more food for the Movie Night when you got home. But seeing that you had packed all your stuff and gone by the time I got there was really heart breaking to see. I felt so fucking shit about myself. I even cried to Josh and asked him for help. I was beyond relieved when you said you wanted to stay for a Movie Night at ours after the photoshoot because I thought I could make it up to you. But now that I know you think I've actually cheated on you... I don't think I can stand being around you anymore.' Simon finished. His bottom lip trembled as he stormed out of the room. 

I was left there, sat completely on my own, drowning in my own regret and panic. And before I knew it, I was sobbing. Sobbing because I was a stupid, ignorant little girl who was so focused on the fact her boyfriend may have potentially cheated on her, that she wasn't able to open her eyes and realise what was actually going on. I lay down on the couch, constantly wiping at my tears which was no use because they kept flowing down my cheeks, completely ruining the makeup I had worked so hard on just a few hours ago. 

I felt so empty knowing that I just lost Simon for good. 

---

Well, that was a little bit mad. 

Seeing as we're at a key point in the story, I've decided I want to do a little Q n A with the characters. I've seen some other authors do this, notably st0ckholm-styles (I love her book Dear Harry, definitely recommend) and I really want to try it out. 

The Q n A will basically consist of your questions to the characters, which you'll have to comment. So for example, you could ask Sarah, 'What's your opinion on Will?' and then she might say:

That's a good question. I haven't known Will for very long. I've seen him around a couple of times at uni, but he seems like a good bloke. He gets along with Lu very well, but I doubt he's a better friend than I am 😇

You can ask as many questions as you like, to as many characters as you like. Here's a list of characters in the book:

- Simon

- Lucifer

- Sarah

- Freya

- Will

- Ed

- The Modest interviewer

- Josh

- Callux

- Vik

- Harry

I'm excited to see what questions you come up with :)))

All the love

Mel xx