Chapter 55

'So guys, we're just boarding the plane and as usual, I can't stand up properly.' Simon chuckled to himself as he vlogged. Like he said, we just got on the plane and we were looking for our seats. Luckily, the flight to Croatia wasn't that long. I hated plane flights, but I told myself that two and a half hours is manageable. Plus I'll have Simon by my side and if he falls asleep then so will I... or I can watch some movies to keep the panic levels low.

If you haven't got it yet, I absolutely hate flying. With a passion. It's just so unnatural for humans to be this far up in the air and if the pilot makes one wrong move, well...

Simon turned his vlogging camera off after one of the flight attendants glared at him for using electronics on a plane. I mean, last time I checked, cameras don't really interfere with the signals going from plane to the ground because they don't use Wi-Fi, etc, but it's whatever floats her boat. He reached out to fiddle with my hand from behind. 'Do you have sweaty palms yet?' He teased as he leaned over my shoulder.

I glanced back at him and pouted. 'It's not funny,' I said and he laughed quietly. I turned to look back in front of me, where Vik was standing on his toes to put his backpack in the overhead cabin and then sat down in his seat with a huff. I looked to the opposite row and realised we found our seats, so I slipped down carefully and sat next to the window.

'Want me to put anything in the overhead space for you?' Simon asked as he too, took off his backpack and stored it away gently. All the boys carried expensive-looking backpacks to hold all their camera equipment in. Together, I guessed that they had over £20,000 pounds worth of filming stuff with them. There was no way that would go in their suitcases.

I smiled and shook my head. My bag was small enough to slide in front of my feet underneath the chair of the person in front of me. I quickly took out my noise-cancelling headphones–the one thing that kept me sane on plane flights before I met Simon–as well as a book, and made sure to turn my phone on airplane mode.

Simon sat down in the seat next to me afterwards, already unpacking the pillow and blanket that came in a plastic bag. He attempted putting his feet up on the little ledge in front of him, but his legs were too long. Oh, the wonders of getting to sit in business class.

'Oi, stop kicking my back!' Josh shouted in pretend anger and turned around to look back at Simon with a playful glare. Josh was sitting in front of Simon, so Freya was sitting in front of me. She turned around and smiled at me with a wave as well.

'How's Baby Zerk doing?' I asked her. Baby Zerk had grown a substantial amount recently. Freya very clearly had a large baby bump by this point, with her due date only being two weeks away. She walked around in sweats most of the time, her hand carefully supporting the underside of her swollen tummy. She often looked extremely tired and was out of breath after walking for just a couple of minutes, but thankfully the morning sickness had gone away by now. She also still put some effort into wearing makeup like she did right now, which made me smile.

'He's doing good. I'm getting a couple of kicks here and there, which feels really weird.' She replied. I laughed, remembering the first time I felt the baby kick inside her stomach. It did feel really weird. 'I just hope he'll be okay during the flight and not make mummy feel sick or anything.' She added.

Within a few moments we were taking off, and my head was gripping Simon's tightly. 'Lu, you're really squeezing the shit out of my hand.' Simon leaned in to whisper in my ear. I turned to look at his hand, which was going completely white.

'Oh, sorry,' I said and let go. My palms were completely sweaty as I looked down on London, the cars and trucks becoming smaller and smaller as we left.

'It's okay. Just calm down. It'll be fine. Think of all the fun things we'll be doing once we land. We'll swim in the pool tomorrow, I can take you out for a nice dinner...' He added and quickly pecked my cheek. I looked back at his bright blue eyes that sparkled with excitement.

'I'd like that,' I said and leaned my head on his shoulder, letting him wrap his arm around me.

'Great. In the meantime, just listen to your music and fall asleep, and then we'll be there in no time. I'm hear for you, there's no need to worry.'

'Dibs on the biggest room!' Simon shouted as he ran into the villa that him and I would be sharing with Freya and Josh.

'Hey! My girlfriend is pregnant!' Josh cried, running up the stairs after him to look for the nicest room. Both of the boys were holding their vlogging cameras in hand, and I could hear Simon's giggle as his socks slipped on the tiles of the villa in attempt to find the nicest room the quickest.

'I'm pretty sure the rooms will be identical.' I said to Freya and we both burst out laughing. 'They're just so immature,'

'And to think Josh is going to be a dad,' Freya added, sending us both into fits of laughter and leaving us bent over, clutching our stomachs.

'Lu? Help!' Simon screamed, coming from a different place in the villa which made it sound like he made a full turn around this floor. I could hear Josh's laugh coming closer to Simon, who continued screaming the closer he got.

I gave Freya a look and then grabbed her suitcase as well as mine and we slowly made our way up the stairs together. The villa suddenly fell silent.

'I guess we have to find them.' I shrugged to Freya who simply smiled up at me. I took my suitcase with me as I searched around the villa, taking in how pretty all the decorations were. It really looked like the perfect summer house in paradise. I finally came to face a door and parked my suitcase outside. I slowly pushed the door open to reveal Simon laying on the double bed that was standing in the middle of the room, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

'Paint me like one of your french girls,' He joked.

'You know I suck at art,' I laughed at him whilst I looked away, feeling my cheeks heat up.

'Well you're good at photography–ooh.' Simon replied and gasped as he suddenly got an idea.

'No! I know what you're thinking of, and I'm not going to take pictures of that.' I said, beginning to unpack my suitcase.

'Aw,' Simon said in pretend disappointment.

'And I'm not sure your fans will approve if that somehow gets leaked on the internet.' I added as he got off the bed and walked over to me, snaking his arms around my waist.

'I'm sure they wouldn't mind,' He chuckled, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck from behind.

'Well, I would.' I told him. I could feel him smile as he pressed his lips to my cheeks.

---

Twitter: overworkdwriter

THE TIME HAS COME. The next chapter is going to be completely new and I'm sooo excited for you guys to read it and for this story to continue :))

Also, I have a question for you: have you ever been on a plane? And if you have, have you ever flown business?

I've been on a plane countless of times, but I've only flown business a few times. And it's true, I hate flying on planes 😫

Also, before anyone comments, I know this isn't really realistic cos heavily pregnant women aren't allowed to fly. Just roll with it, ok? 😂

Also maybe leave some suggestions for what they could all do together in Croatia? Fanks loves

Mel xx

(I swear I said 'also' like 19 times)

(also i'm turning 19 in 6 days)