Playing House

STEF POV

"I can pick something up after I get the girls love. Tell me what you need?" I said standing outside the precinct on my lunch break. It had been two weeks since Lena had gotten home and we were growing more and more comfortable with each other as time continued to pass. Her condition was slowly improving each day as well and she was now able to get around without her cane and without much assistance from me. However, with only one car for now and her not being approved to drive yet I still did majority of the errands which I didn't mind.

"Maybe just a tomato. I'm making fajitas with your grill pan. And do you want to pick up some of that wine. I think we finished up the bottle last weekend when we watched that movie."

"Sure love but I have a grill pan?" I asked confused thinking it was something I may have inherited from my marriage to Mike.

"Yes silly. Anyway I saw this new recipe today on the food network. Figured I'd try it with that cheese you like. And for dessert I made a no bake cheesecake with strawberries."

"Good lord only two weeks and you are spoiling the hell out of me beautiful."

"Stef it's the least I can do. Plus you are quit easy to spoil if I must say so myself."

"Well so I've been told." I smiled widely thinking of all the ways Lena was really spoiling me. Since she could get around a little easier around the apartment I found when I came home she always had it smelling fresh, she seemed to straighten up daily, she literally cooked everything from scratch and she washed and pressed my uniforms. I told her she didn't have to do any of it but she insisted.

"So how's work today?"

"Not to bad the usual. Running around, patrolling nothing to crazy."

"Yes saving us from all the criminals of the world blonde?" She joked as I shook my head.

"You are such a little jokester coco. Only person I'd save is you my love."

With that the phone went silent as I already knew her face was flushed. It always went flushed when I payed her a compliment which I knew she was still getting used to and when I called her the little nickname I made up for her.

"My shy Lena you there love?" I asked a few moments later as she continued to remain silent.

"Yes." She said softly and I knew she was smiling as well.

"So how is your day? Everything ok love?"

"Yes it's fine. Just...

"Just what?"

"Nothing it's silly. Never mind."

"I doubt it come on tell me. Spill because you know I'm going to get it out of you sooner or later so you might as well tell me now."

As the other end remained silent I heard her let out a sigh.

"Come on I won't bite you." I encouraged. "Yet." With that I heard her bust out laughing on the other end as a laughed escaped me as well. It was no secrete that the two of us had been flirting off and on the last two weeks. At first I wasn't sure if she was flirting with me but I soon realized she most certainly was. By this point it wasn't uncommon for us to hold hands, and snuggle together on the couch with a movie and glass of wine once the girls were in bed. We hadn't kissed but god did I want too. I just didn't want to push anything or make her feel uncomfortable for what if I was wrong. What if she wasn't flirting and just enjoyed the affection.

"Well to be honest, I miss you."

With that my heart exploded and I was almost shocked at what she just confessed. Did she just tell me she missed me? No way I was hearing things but maybe I wasn't.