The Cake

"It was so nice of your mom to watch the girls while we grab the things for the party." Lena said to the blonde as  Stef stood behind her wrapping her arms around her tightly as she looked at the cake menu Lena was holding. Since admitting their feelings to each other the blonde had not been the least bit shy in terms of showing the slim woman affection even in public, of course not in front of the girls yet. To her she loved it and was proud that Lena was possibly her girlfriend even if they had not come out and said it. Lena herself however ate up every ounce of affection the blonde gave her even if she wasn't use to showing it publicly. Any type of affection was still very much new to her but she wanted it, she wanted it more then anything as the woman behind the counter could only stare wide at the two which Stef noticed instantly. 

"Yeah she has her moments. So what do you think baby, Barbie for Mari and Star Wars for Cals? Mm?"

"Yeah sounds good. I think they will like that." Lena said feeling Stef nuzzle her nose on her cheek as she let out a wide smile but soon noticing the woman behind the counter eyeballing them uncomfortably.

"She's staring." Lena whispered.

"Let her stare. I'd stare at you too if you weren't mine beautiful." The blonde said placing another kiss on Lena's cheek. But as the curly haired woman continued to look at the cake menu she now saw how much they cost and her mouth dropped.

"Stef, wait 100 dollars for one cake? So what almost 200 dollars just for cakes?" Her voice grew worried as Stef yanked the menu out of her hands.

"Don't worry about that I'm taking care of it love. You just concentrate on showing up." Pulling away and getting her wallet and pen out to place the order she really wished Lena had not seen the cost as the woman behind the counter continued to stare at the couple in a disapproving glare.

"Stef it's too much. I can't let you. We can just go to Carvel and get an ice cream cake or something or I can make one."

"Baby it's fine. I got it. Besides you cook everyday and you deserve a break. The babies are only going to turn seven and six once."

"Honey, you're already paying for the party, and the gifts, you did for Christmas and the apartment and..

As Stef could see the panic and worry take over Lena she gently placed her finger on the woman's lips urging her to stop talking.

"Sweetheart. Relax. I had some money saved, I worked overtime it's fine my love. Stop panicking." Leaning in she now softly kissed Lena's lips and let out a reassuring smile to her. "I want to do this for our babies. Ok. Let me love."

Resisting the kind gesture from the blonde once again Lena could only shake her head letting out a soft sigh. Stef was spoiling them all so much that she didn't know what to do about it for she just would not take no for answer.

"So we would like to order the Barbie cake for five people and the Star Wars cake for five people." The blonde said as the woman who had not uttered a word only glared at the cop.

"Ok. That's $200 dollars, plus a 50 dollar customization fee and it takes 3-5 days." she said coldly.

"3-5? It said on your website and right on the menu you can do it the same day or next day."

"Well not all cakes."

"Well, it didn't say that. It said all cakes." The blonde said adamantly as she stared directly into the woman's cold eyes for she knew what the issue was. She knew it and it was clear as day.

Lena herself knew what the issue was as well as she observed the exchange between her girlfriend  and the owner. From the moment they walked in she had a feeling the woman didn't like them or want to serve them because they were a couple. In her mind she had been completely oblivious about being physically affectionate with a woman in public and not really thinking of it for she had been wrapped up in Stef's love. But to honest she didn't want  to let other people's opinions make her feel bad for it for she had been doing that her entire life. Letting other people make her feel bad about who she was.