Not Just A Party

LENA POV

My bed was now empty as Stef's parents had dropped the girls off a few hours ago and after putting them to bed we turned in ourselves. But it was hard since making love for the first time to not be close to one another right now, and to not feel her next to me. God she had smelled like heaven and her skin was so soft almost like butter as I was remembering how they felt being wrapped around me.

We were trying to be responsible for the most part right now for we still needed to talk to the girls about our new relationship. Not that we were avoiding it but it was something we still needed to discuss ourselves and figure out what the best approach was.  We weren't' even really sure if it would make sense to them or what they would understand or what not but we would figure it out and time would surly tell.  As I continued to lay on my back dreaming of my girlfriend who was only a few short feet away in the other room Kevin weighed heavy on my mind at times still.  I had not said anything to Stef yet but he was refusing to the sign the divorce papers and was requesting visitation rights to see the girls which I really didn't want it. Seeing him was the worst possible idea for all of us for the girls were still very much terrified of him and I just wasn't sure what kind of feelings it would bring up for them. At times they were still very much afraid that he would show up and hurt me or hurt them and it was those nights they clung to the both of us more then anything. Mainly to my partner. I think her being a police officer was one of the reasons the girls felt so safe with her and I had to admit it was one reason I did as well among many others. As my mind continued to drift in and out of sleep it was funny how sometimes I felt like my thoughts were driving me insane. On one had this new relationship was something I had been looking for my entire life, but on the other I was still so afraid of it fearing I would somehow mess it up, fearing I would anger Stef and fearing one day she would grow tired of me and leave. It wasn't as if I wanted to think these thoughts but deep down inside I never saw her doing that, I never saw her do any of that and tonight she had proven so much to me by the way she kissed me, the way she touched me and the way she made love to me. I had been so terrified of it but it had left me wanting more, it had left me wanting to remain in her arms for hours, days, years and decades.  Letting out a deep sigh I realized there was just no way I was getting to sleep at all and I figured maybe I would just get a cup of tea and read.   Getting up quietly for fear of waking the girls and Stef I walked into the living room to see  Stef's bed empty and the TV on. I could only laugh myself seeing she probably couldn't sleep herself as I once again saw the sliding glass door cracked. Opening it a tiny bit more I spotted her half dressed with just her tank top and underwear on as she turned to look at me letting out a smile. But I knew that smile and her thought's were written all over her face. She wanted to make love again.

"Hi." I whispered walking over to her and standing beside her gazing into her intense hazel eyes.

"Hi baby." She spoke softly stroking my face with her finger as I blushed once again. 

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked smiling a bit as she nodded her head.

"MM no. Not much. You?"

"No. Not at all." My eyes diverted to the empty street seeing only a few cars driving by as I soon felt her stand behind me and wrap her arms around me and my body could only melt into hers.

"I miss you.  It's hard making love then sleeping separately. I want to feel your body next to mine forever baby." She said kissing my neck softly as I closed my eyes rubbing her hands that were so tight around me.

"I do too Stef. I do too. Just..."

"Just what baby. What's wrong?" she asked as I looked over to her and her face looked more concerned then ever. "Baby what is it talk to me love."