Vice Principal

It had been a week since Lena had interviewed for the job at Anchor Beach with still no word

It had been a week since Lena had interviewed for the job at Anchor Beach with still no word. Deciding to push it to the back of her mind as Stef suggested today was the day she was going to see Kevin and she was more prepared then ever. With the divorce papers in her hand she was looking forward to seeing him face to face. She was different, she had changed and there was nothing Kevin could say or do to break her. Nothing at all. The support of her soon to be wife and the confidence that had grown within her made her feel as if she could conquer the world and she would. Of course Stef had refused to let her go alone and a compromise had been made where she would remain in the hall. Lena was ok with that deal for she knew once she left the room Stef's face was the first she would want to see the same with the trial. 

As both women were patted down and checked for weapons Lena was brought to the visiting room as Stef stood outside the doorway more anxious then ever. She hated every minute of this but she understood and knew it was something Lena needed to do even if it was hard for her to accept.

While the slim woman took a seat she looked around at the other visitors and inmates carrying on their own conversations. The room was cold, dark and grey but she remained confident but mildly anxious. Visions of her girls flooded her mind and the thought of Stef being so close by put her mind at ease.  As she fixed her shirt and adjusted her blazer looking up she saw Kevin being brought into the room cuffs remaining on him. This was the first time she saw how insecure he was, how insignificant he was and how small he looked. What had made her so fearful of him? He was nothing to be afraid of and he was nobody to her any longer. The man who once put the fear of god in her just by his presence no longer had any kind of affect on her. Nothing she thought as the guard sat him down standing behind him. Staring at him more intense then ever he let out a grin as Lena's face remained unchanged.

"About time you came to visit me. You look good." he let out sarcastically glancing up and down at her.

"Why would I visit you?" she said as he looked shocked.

"What?"

"I said why would I visit you? You tried to kill me Kevin."

Letting out a laugh he shook his head. "Please, I didn't try to kill you. It was harmless. Maybe you should have behaved and shut your mouth. Like you should do at the trial if you know what is good for you."

"That's not happening.  And neither is you seeing the girls or remaining married to me. When we get to the trial I will tell them every single thing you did to me. Everything." Lena threatened looking even deeper into his eyes not blinking one bit as Kevin was growing even more angry at this side of Lena he did not know. She was testing his patience and making his blood boil more and more.

"Keep your damm mouth down heifer before I keep it shut for you. You won't say a thing and they are my girls and you are my wife. I'm not signing anything so whatever little brave act you're putting on you better knock it off. Remember I still own you, not that cop you think you're going to marry and let adopt my kids! My girls!" he yelled.