Our Choice

"Callie are you awake?" Mariana said quietly poking her sisters arm as it was almost 3 in the morning. The young girl had been up for awhile now and just wasn't able to sleep. She was far to excited about the wedding and had been thinking deeply about their middle names since their mama's asked them.

"I am now. What's wrong Mari?" Callie asked sleepily turning around to see Mariana's figure in the semi dark bedroom. Their mama's always kept the nightlight plugged in since the girls still had a habit of sneaking into their room during the middle of the might.

"Can I sleep with you?"

"Sure." Moving over a bit to make room for her sister Mariana jumped in snuggling against her. The little girl had on her usual over sized tee shirt that was Lena's as Callie wore one of Stef's over sized SDPD tee shirts.

"Callie?"

"Yeah?" The girl mumbled in her pillow for she was still pretty tired.

"Do you know what middle name you want? I can't decide it's hard."

Upon hearing this Callie wiped her eyes now staring into her sisters for she had been thinking as well about their middle names. A few ideas has swam around her head but she was completely sure yet.

"Mm sort of. But maybe we can decide together? Maybe it would make it easy?"

"Ok. But I was thinking Cal you are just like mommy. I bet you will be a cop one day and I can be a teacher like mama!"

"Me?" She asked surprised but smiling wide at the same time.

"Uh huh, and you met her first when you bumped into her at the ice cream place.  I think, I think you should be Callie Stefanie Elizabeth. Then you can have both mama and mommy's name."

"Really?" Callie continued to smile as she rested her head on her arm as she propped it up with her elbow. 

"Yup!"

"That's a super cool idea Mari. You know what I think you should be Mariana Lena Marie. You are just like mama Mari and mommy too."

"Really? You think?That is a super cool name! I like it!"

"Me too." she said smiling at her sister as Mariana let out her own smile. "Callie?"

"Yeah?"

"I am happy we have two mama's I love them so much."

"Me too. More than anything in the entire world! But let's get sleep and we can tell mama's in the morning."

"Ok Cals." Mariana said as the two snuggled close to each other falling fast asleep.

-----------

LENA POV

"God you are right baby the sun is beautiful." I said sitting between Stef's legs out on the patio as we watched the sun rise. Affectionately I felt her gently rub my thighs up and down as we both drank our morning coffee together and I felt her softly kiss my shoulder.

"I told you baby. It's beautiful."

"It is. Did you always watch it?"I said turning to face her a bit.

"I did yes. When I use to work nights at the end of my shift I'd drive to the beach and watch it on the sand alone. Did alot of thinking during those mornings."

"About what honey?" I asked looking deeper into her as she stared yet again into mine letting out a soft smile.

"MM about life and what I was doing. Most of the time I felt like I was just pissing time away not really doing much of anything to improve myself.  I pissed away alot of years baby."