Chapter 17: The Math Tutor

*ding dong*

"I'LL GET IT!" I ran and opened the front door, and Sarah stood outside waiting.

"Hi Brady!"

"Welcome to my magical home!" I gestured for her to walk in.

"Why thank you kind sir!"

I smiled. "No problem my lady!"

We walked over to the kitchen and started working. Sarah helped me with all the math involved, and built the project. As we worked, we talked about, well teenage stuff. Every now in then, Adam would peek in on us, and make sure that we weren't doing anything inappropriate. I never though honestly who would do "lover" things in the dining room?

Dad came in one more time, and I had to speak up. "Listen Dad, we're not dating, and we don't wanna make love in the dinning room! Or at least I don't." I turned to Sarah, and she kinda avoided eye contact.

"Yeah, we're to young."

"Whats the fraise you kids are saying now?"

"#Swag?"

Adam started rubbing his chin. "No. I think it begins with a Y."

"Oh Yolo, man Dad you are old!"

"Yeah Yolo, I don't want you to go all Yoloing it with Gabby."

"Dad thats Sarah."

Le Dad facepalm. "Wait Sarah Neil?"

"How does he know my last name?" Sarah had that confused look on her face.

"Jodie."

"Oh, if thats Sarah, then nothings gonna happen! She's to good for you!"

"Uh thanks Mr. Dahlberg?" This was getting awkward really really fast.

"Ok Dad, thanks for the chat, but me and Sarah better get back to work! Right Sarah?"

"Of course!"

"Alrighty then!" Adam cheerfully walked away upstairs.

"That was so awkward."

Sarah nodded in agreement. "He just wants the best for you."

"That as in telling me that you're to good?"

"You're his first child. Also remember he didn't raise you since you were born, so he's still trying to get to know you."

"True true. So you wanna get back to working on that project?"

Sarah grinned. "Nah lets makeout instead!"

"NO YOU WON'T!" Adam bursted through the door and jumped on the table. "If you wanna kiss him, then you're gonna have to kiss me!"

"Uh..." Sarah's eyes widened, as the thought of kissing my Dad popped into her head. "I-I-I was just kidding."

"Oh." Adam climbed off the table and slowly started backing away. "Well I think thats your Mom calling!"

"Dad the phone's not ringing."

"My phone is on vibrate!"

"Dad your phone is right here." I handed him his phone.

"Well do you smell that?"

Me and Sarah both looked at him with our puzzled face.

"I GOTTA GO AND TAKE THE FOOD OUT OF THE OVEN!" Adam ran into the kitchen.

"Well then."

"Does this happen a lot?"

I smiled. "Yes, yes it does."

*****

"Sarah!" Dawn rushed down to the living room, where me and Sarah were waiting for her Mom. "I just got a text from your mom saying that she's running late! I told her that you can eat here if you want to. She said as long as its fine with Sarah. Do you wanna eat with us?"

Sarah's face lit up. "Why I'd love to!"

"Thats great! We're having lasagna tonight. Is that fine with you?"

"Yeah, I'll eat anything!"

"Sounds like Brady."

"So when will dinner be done Mom?"

"Oh it's already done!"

"Then what are we waiting for? Lets eat!"

****

That was basically how my afternoons went. Every single day Sarah would come over, and every single night she would eat with us. Nothing really changed. Nothing except my math grade.

Today was one of those nights where Sarah came over, except today Dawn and Adam were fighting downstairs, so we had to go and work upstairs. They were so loud, I had to close my door to get any work done.

"Man whats with them?" I collapsed onto my bed exhausted from another day of work.

"I hope they get better." Sarah laid down next to me. "They really are a perfect couple."

"Yeah." We continued talking for a little while, and eventually the yelling died down, which was great, because when I'm stressed I don't eat.

"Hey Sarah?"

"Yeah?" Sarah sat up and faced me. I just wanna say this now! What I did next was very very risky, but I kinda has to Yolo it.

"Ummmmm...."

"Ummm what?"

"This." I leaned over and planted a kiss on Sarah's lips. I expected her to freak out, but she didn't. At first she acted a little surprised, but after a couple of seconds she seemed more relaxed, so she kissed back! BEST FIRST KISS EVER! THIS DAY IS GOING AWESOME!

Everything was going fine, until I heard my bedroom door creak open.

____

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SHORY CHAPTER TO BUILD THE SUSPENSE! ALSO I HIT 800 PEEPS, SO THAT MEANS THE COMPETITON IS COMING BACK!!! WOOOOOOOOO

DJUnicorn💎™