Chapter 48: Night Hide and seek

"Alright I volunteer Madi to be it since it's her neighborhood!"

"Yeah but then you guys won't know the boundaries!' She objected.

"Okay, well you won't stay with us 24/7 so in the end we still won't know the boundaries..." Karen looked like she was about to say something else but she stopped.

Madi threw her hands up. "Fine! Don't go to far onto people's property, and stay in the neighborhood. I'll give you 100 seconds, ready go!" Madi started to countdown, and we all sprinted different ways.

I decided to run towards the forest, and of course Chris was trying to keep up with me.

"Wait!" She said in between breaths. "We... Should work.... Together!" By the time she caught up with me she was winded. Luckily we were at our destination.

"Alright I think we should hide somewhere where we have a good view-" Chris started giggling. "-and yet we are still hidden."

"Hmm..." She went over and say on a log. "Let's climb up that tree!" Chris pointed towards a tree that had a big branch about 15 feet off the ground, and it looked like it could fit the two of us with very little room. If didn't look all that comfortable, but by now we had no time.

"Fine let's go!" I climbed up the tree first, which meant I got the inside. Chris came up after, and she decided to get as close to me as possible. According to her it was "just to be safe" but I know the real reason why.

"So um when are you leaving?"

"Probably tomorrow. I have school and all, plus this was just suppose to be a day trip."

Chris sighed deeply. "Oh ok... Hey do you have a phone? I want there to be some way we can keep in touch!"

"Yeah I have a phone. Here enter your number into my contacts, and I'll send you a text."

Even in the darkness, I could tell that Chris had a huge smile on her face. "Okie dokie!" Once she did that, we kinda spent the rest of the time sitting in silence waiting. It was pretty boring unto I got a text from a unknown number.

-New Rules: it's hide and seek tag. Ps I can see you Brady...

I took my eyes away from my phone and looked around. "Yeah righ- Oh." Under the light of one of the street lamps, I could see a person just standing there. "Chris we better get going now!" I started nudging her to get off the branch, but magically her pansy got stuck.

"Brady I think we may have to take them off!"

I couldn't contain my laughter right there. "That's to funny! But seriously if you can't get off the branch, then I'm jumping!"

"I was being serious! Hey wait don't-" To late. I jumped off of the branch and landed on a bush. I was caught off guard by how bad it hurt, and I was just lying there for a second. Realizing that wining this game was more important then my health, I pulled my self of the bush and sprinted away from who ever was trying to chase me.

*****

I decided to stop running once I made it to the end of the foresty area. Now it was just roads and more neighborhood.

"Hey Brady over here!" I turned when I heard my name, and I saw somebody was waving me to come towards their house.

So you know how their ware those houses that when you walk in are instant stairs? Where you either go up to the first floor, or down to the second? And they have their 2nd story window a little but higher then there grass? Well there was a person hiding in the gap between their yard and their bottom story window.

"Don't worry, this is my house!" Lexi reassured me. "Come on! We can hide under here!"

"How does that work?" I walked over to Lexi, and sure enough there was a 4 foot tall room under her yard.

"You may have to duck down, but I think it's still pretty awesome! My parents are working on extending our bottom floor to under our house. Oh and don't worry the grass is supported by some metal thing so it won't fall on you."

"Oh." We stayed under her yard for what felt like hours, but only ended up being 10 minutes. The only reason we ever left our spot, was because it was getting to late,mane we needed to go back to Madi's house and go to bed.

"Alright goodnight everyone!" I waved goodnight, then I dove onto the guest bed, then a few seconds later, Blake crashed down next to me.

"Hey we're both boys right?" I nodded. "And you're not gonna touch me right?" I turned and stared at him.

"Get off the bed."

Blake shrugged his shoulders. "It was for the best, cuz you never said no..."

"I'm going to bed now."

*****

"Goodbye everyone! It was great meeting you!" After tons of hugs, and goodbyes, we were finally on our way back home. It was nice having a mini vacation, to meet some family, as well as new friends.

"Call me!" Chris whispered in my ear.

"You're gonna skype me right?" Madi asked.

"Of course! You are my sister and all!"

"Alright Brady you better get out here, we need to get going!" Adam called me from the car.

"Alright bye everyone!" And with one last wave I was on my way back home.

_____

So, this book is coming to a close. I think that there will be one more chapter until we are done :( I know it's sad! Buuut I am for sure entering this book in the 2014 Watty's, and I'll make you a deal:

If we win, I will celebrate by making a sequel in someone else's POV. Though I will have guidelines. A.) It's not gonna be Sky's or Dawn's. B.) it's not gonna be Brady's C.) If we make it to the finals, then I still might. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and like always:

COMMENT
VOTE

AND BECOME A DJ RECRUIT TODAY!

DJUnicorn💎™