Chapter 22: Reuniting with someone's Ex

I was about a hour into packing, when I realized something! The camp I'm pretty sure doesn't start until spring break. That means I'm spending all of my time packing, when I could just wait and have Benja do it for me!

"Hey Dad!" I bolted downstairs, and slid into the kitchen where my Adam seemed to be cooking. Whoa!

"Yes Brady?"

"When am I leaving for camp?"

"This Thursday."

"But today is Sunday."

"Correct Brady. Your point is?"

"Why can't I pack wensday?"

Adam chuckled. "Because Mitch says you're a horrible packer. We just wanted to get you started early."

I sighed and headed back up to my room. "Well, Mitch is kinda right."

"Okay, see you later!"

*12 hours later...*

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I slapped my alarm clock and got up for the day. Man, I hate mornings. I got dressed in my favorite SkyDoesMinecraft T shirt and some blue jeans.
As I was making my way down to the kitchen for some breakfast, I passed my parents room, and it was quiet. To quiet. I peeked my head in the door, and surprisingly the bed was empty. Man I really hope my parents didn't get kidnapped! Wait no they're not kids. More like adultnapped! I decided it was safe to call the police, but before I was able to get to my phone, I heard some familiar voices arguing downstairs. I'm starting to get a little worried about Adam and Dawns relationship, because they have been arguing every single day. The smallest things tend to tick them off, then it become a full scale argument. Yesterday was the worst of the arguments. Mom came home at about midnight, and she had to pound on the door to get Dad to come and help. Then Dad went crazy.

*7 hours earlier*

I was in the middle of a great dream, when all of a sudden there is this pounding noise on the front door. It scared the poop out of me,(not literally) so I decided to hide under my covers. Now that I think of it, if there was a real person breaking in, then hiding under the covers really wouldn't do much. Anyhow Dad grabbed a knife and headed downstairs. I don't know what happened next, because I stayed hiding under my sheets like a wuss. About a minuet after Adam went downstairs, I heard the door creak open, and all crazy went loose.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING GETTING HOME SO LATE?!" Adam was screaming already. "ITS MIDNIGHT! WE ALL WENT TO BED HOURS AGO!"

"My bad I have to work late because you don't have a job!" Dawn snapped.

"DON'T HAVE A JOB?!" Adam started laughing like a crazy person. "NOW WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOUTUBE IS?! SOME KIND OF JOKE?!"

Dawn took a pause before replying. "Yes I do. In fact I think you need to get a real job and get off your lazy butt!"

"I don't believe you when you said you were out late doing work." Adam started raising his voice. "I THINK YOU WERE CHEATING ON ME!"

Dawn just laughed at Adam's remark. "Heck even if I was cheating, the guy would sure treat me better then you!" Ouch. That was harsh. "In fact why don't you call your little boyfriend Ty, and have him come down here to comfort you! You do spend more time with Ty, then with me!" Thats sad but true. Ty's always over, and Adam barely ever talks with Dawn when he is around.

"TY'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND! AND DID YOU JUST SAY I MISS TREAT YOU!?"

"Yes!" I could hear the sadness in Dawn's voice. "Its true! Now I'm done talking with you!" Dawn stormed upstairs, and I could hear Adam chasing behind her. Adam went quiet, and tt only thing I could hear was Dawn's tears and the door slam. Dad has really messed up.