Chapter 18: Tree house time

We both pulled back, and turned to see my parents standing in the doorway. Lost for words, with his jaw down to the floor, and Dawn with a ear to ear grin.

"Uh hi guys!" I was blushing so much, my face could probably be considered a tomato right now.

"B-b-b-b-b-b......." Remember how earlier was awkward? Well this was like earlier x 2000000000

"What Adam is trying to say, is that he's surprised that you and Sarah would start dating."

"Ok."

"So....."

"I just wanna say one thing!" I guess Adam can speak again. Yaay.

Remember keep it PG!

"Yeah whatever. Just no making love!"

Yep, I'm defiantly considered tomato now.

"Uh okay Dad." I could tell that this was making Sarah feel as weird as me.

"The original reason we were coming up here, was to say that Sarah's Dad is going to be coming tonight.

"Oh. Are you guys mad?"

Dawn chuckled. "We're not mad at you Sarah! We'll at least I'm not!" We both turned to Adam, who started whistling.

"Well I think I better go wait for my parents!" Sarah smiled, then she ran off downstairs, and Adam shut the door behind her

"Listen up Buddy," Adam growled. "I was being nice, and joking around, but I meant it!" That makes no sense.

"I'll go and see if Sarah's Dad is here!" Dawn ran off to join Sarah leaving me with angry Adam.

"That wasn't smart what you did there boy! You can't just go all over the place kissing people!"

"That was my first ever real kiss! So you shouldn't be all judgmental!" Am I arguing with a adult? I think I'm going crazy.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK BACK TO ME!" Adam screamed.

"Yeah well you can't dictate who I love!" I snapped.

"I'M YOUR FATHER!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT! MY PARENTS DIED 10 YEARS AGO!"

"YOUR RIGHT! I SHOULD'VE GONE WITH MY GUT AND NEVER ADOPTED A CHILD!" Ok that was harsh!

"SCREW YOU THEN!" I felt tears streaming down my face, and I ran out of the room, downstairs, past Dawn, and outside. I was going to my main thinking spot. A tree in the forest behind our house. Its a high climb, but I've done it many of times. I kinda built a shelter up there. I climbed up to the top and cried. I cried for what felt like a hour, when I felt my phone vibrate. I checked it, and I had a message from Sarah.

-Sarah: hey are you okay?

-Me: sorta. Adam just said he should've never adopted me, so that made me pretty mad

-Sarah: oh my gosh I feel so bad for you! I'm feeling your pain. I've gotten in fights with my parents, and they've said stuff like that.

-Me: So we are both imperfect

-Sarah: yep. We're still ya know......... dating?

-Me: yeah. I mean if you still want to

-Sarah: Brady I'm in love with you! Of course!

That last line made me smile.

-Me: I love you too

********