Chapter 46: Well this ship has sunk

"So who's Blake?" I nudged my sister when she put down the phone.

"He's just a guy... Who I kinda like...."

"Kinda?" Karen burst out laughing. "More like the guy you dream about!"

"Shut up!" Karen started laughing again, but Madi punched her in the arm. "I don't dream about him! I just like him!"

"A lot."

"Okay a lot! But everyone likes someone! Even you Brady! In fact who do you like?"

"Uh... No one." I didn't like this topic, so I kinda tried to change it. "Soo the weather. It's pretty..... Hot...."

"Yeah right!" Karen smiled. "It's Jessica!"

"How do you know her!?"

"Dude I watch your channel. She's been in a lot more of your video's ever since you broke up with Sarah."

"Well for one, I didn't break up with her, she moved! And two Jessica is just a really close friend of mine!"

"Oh well I kinda shipped you two. I guess this ship has sunk." Karen sulked and walked away.

"Um..." I racked my brain to find something to change the topic to, when to my luck the doorbell rang.

"I'LL GET IT!" Madi leaped off her chair and ran to the door. Since I had nothing better to do, I followed.

"Oh hi Madi! Who's the company?" This was probably Blake. He was a tall, with brown hair and really blue eyes, and a tan. Seemed like a typical surfer dude.

"I'm Brady." I stuck out my hand. "I'm Madi's brother."

"Oh cool!" He squeezed my hand. "I'm Blake! I live a couple house's down! Me and Madi have been friends for years!"

Do you even grammar? It's Madi and I!

You know sometimes I wish you would shut up.

"Yeah!" For some reason Madi started blushing. "We have been! Now let's go get you two set up in the guest room!"

*****

"So what do you wanna do?" We were all siting in a circle like thing on the floor of the theater.

"Movie?" Karen suggested.

"Nah," Madi's other friend Lexi replied. "We can do that later! The night is still young!"

"Maybe we could go down to the boardwalk?" Blake suggested. "I hear it's really fun at night!"

"Yeah that sounds cool!" Chris smiled. "So boardwalk it is?"

We all agreed and ran to our rooms to collect our stuff.

****

On the way out, Madi's dad didn't seem to thrilled with us going out to the boardwalk at 7:00 at night, but her mom reassured him that it was still kinda early, plus we all had phones, PLUS we were all in a big group. I guess here mom power won over his dad power, because we were on our war by 7:15.

"So where do you wanna go first? We are only like a 10 minute walk from my house to the boardwalk."(A/N: I'm pretty sure there isn't a boardwalk in irvine, but I just wanted to make the story more interesting :P)

"We should go to that ice cream stand!" Lexi piped up. "I thinks it's called nice cream or something like that!"

"Yeah ice cream sounds good!" I checked my wallet. "I have $90 so I should be fine on money."

"I have $150!" Blake smirked. "I have more then you so blondey!"

"Oh shut up!"

*****