108

Last Chapter!

-

Nobody's POV

The familiar buzzing sound coming from the old hospital lights is the only noise heard in the room. Layla and Faye wait patiently for what feels like the millionth time for Jessica to wake up. 

It's been a whole month since that terrible accident. No one knows what happened. All they know is that it nearly took Jessica's life away.

A single tear cascades down Faye's face, at the thought of her only daughter not waking up ever again. Layla comforts her, and constantly tells her not to give up hope.

The familiar doctor, Dr. Lewis, walks in every few hours to see if the girls want anything to eat and drink. And like always, they decline using the same excuse, "I'm not hungry." or "I'm not thirsty." 

Will she ever wake up?

-

Like she's just had a nightmare, Jessica shoots up in a cold sweat and looks around. Her heavy breathing invades her eardrums, making it hard to hear anything else. "Jessica?" The familiar voice of Layla makes Jessica snap her head to the side. "Layla?" Jessica questions. "Faye! Get a doctor! She's awake!" Layla yells out to the mother who had to step outside to talk to the doctor. 

Moments later, Faye, along with a couple of doctors, Dr. Lewis and Dr. Brown, rush into the room that was once full of nothing. Just quietness. 

"Jessica, honey." Faye cries as she grabs her daughters hand. "Mummy." Jessica sobs. "Where am I mummy?" Jessica asks like a scared child. "You're in the hospital, dear." Her mother explains. "What happened?" The confused girl asks as she looks up at the doctors. "You were in a accident. But you're alright." Dr. Brown explains calmly. She nods along, until she remembers.

Where's Simon? More importantly... Is he okay?

"Where's Simon?" She asks as she looks around at everyone. "Who's Simon?" Layla asks, confused. "Mr. Minter?" Jessica says like she's dumb. "You know, our gym teacher?" Jessica says. "There's no Mr. Minter at school, Jess." Layla says, furrowing her brows. "What do you mean?" Jessica questions. "Our gym teacher is Mr. Parker." Jessica says. "No, it's Mr. Minter." Jessica says. "Honey, calm down." Faye says as she places a hand on her daughters shoulder. "No! Where's Simon?!" Jessica yells. "There's no Simon, Jess!" Layla says. "Stop lying!" Jessica says as she begins to sob again.

"Please say this is normal, doctor." Faye begs as she holds her sobbing daughter. "It can happen, yes." Dr. Lewis nods. "It'll pass though, don't worry." Dr. Brown reassures them. "How long until it passes?" Layla asks. "A few weeks." Dr. Lewis says. 

"Where's Simon?!" Jessica cries out in rage. "What can we do?" Layla asks as tears form in her eyes. "Well, at first, she needs rest." Dr. Brown says. "Not until I see Simon!" Jessica yells; her voice cracking due to her crying. 

Seconds later, in walks another doctor. Dr. Minter...

-

Finished! :)