Created by Dan Howell

(Phil's POV)
I woke up today thinking, "I honestly don't want to go out anytime soon." So, in response to that, I slowly got out of bed, went to Dan's room, and knocked on his door. A muffled "come in" was issued after the rustling of some papers was audibly heard by me. I went in and found Dan lying on his bed, stomach down, on his laptop. I ignored the fact that there were several sheets of paper sticking out from underneath it and asked him, "I'm feeling extremely lazy today, so is it ok if we stay inside for the rest of the day?" "Did you forget that we rarely go outside. I mean, we only created a book with that title to prove it." "Well, yea, but I didn't know if you planned on... taking a spontaneous trip to the bubble tea place." "Tempting, but no." With that, I closed the door after I left and went downstairs to have some cereal.

I opened the cupboards and saw Dan's cereal sitting pristinely on one of the shelves. Surely there's no harm in stealing a few handfuls, right? So, I grabbed the box, opened it up, and began shoveling handfuls of cereal into my mouth. "Umm... Phil?" I froze like a deer in the headlights, slowly turning towards the doorway where Dan stood with his arms folded and a smirk on his face. I hurriedly put back the box, brushed off my hands, and shuffled out of the kitchen, but not before Dan grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him. He put his mouth by my ear and whispered, "Don't worry. I think it's cute when you do that." He then turned around and walked away, leaving me standing in the doorway with a confused and shocked expression plastered on my face.

I didn't do much for the next hour but distractedly try to browse Tumblr. Just a few things here and there grabbed my attention, but still nothing. I then decided to go upstairs and see what Dan was up to. I quietly walked up to his door and put an ear on it. I heard the rustling of papers, pencil scratches, and eraser sounds being emitted from the other side. I gently knocked and waited until the rustling of papers had stopped and Dan had said, "Come in." "Why do I have to wait for you to hide those papers to come in?" "Just something I'm working on that'll be a surprise until I feel you're ready." Hmm... "Suspicious. Not forms to buy a condo in Florida, right? Because I've told you that we don't have the money right now." "Nope," he said, popping the p at the end. "Want to order pizza for dinner and watch anime?"

He jumped off of his bed and ran over to the landline out in the hallway. Dialing the pizzeria's number, which he's done so many times that he's now memorized it, he and I quickly glanced over the menu and decided on a large pizza with meatballs and pepperoni.

"Great, thanks. Bye. Ok. Pizza will be here in 15." "Yay! Now will you tell me what those papers are?" Dan shook his head and firmly pressed his lips together. I rolled my eyes and walked back downstairs to set up our living room for the consumption of pizza-y deliciousness. If that's a thing. If not, it's now been trademarked by me.

~The next day~

I woke up with the urge to browse Tumblr again. I don't know why I have that sometimes. Especially since that's all I ever do on my laptop besides the occasional editing session before I upload a video. However, I couldn't complain when Dan came into my room with my laptop, some pancakes, and a glass of orange juice. "Thanks, Dan! How did you know what I was craving?" "Because all you ever talked about last week was that I should make you pancakes and orange juice and bring those and your laptop to you while you were still in bed." I giggled as I shoved a forkful of pancake into my mouth, and Dan rolled his eyes playfully and exited my room.

After watching a bit of Attack On Titan, I decided to give into the urge and browse Tumblr. After clicking the log in button, I found myself on the homepage of my account. A few things caught my eye here and there, some stuff I had to remove from my dash, and then one caught my eye. It was a drawing of Dan and I sitting in a tree together, holding hands and kissing. It was so cute! I just had to repost it. I looked to see who the artist was, but what I saw I didn't expect.

CREATED BY DANIEL HOWELL

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum what? I tilted down the lid of my laptop and stared out the window. I looked back.

CREATED BY DANIEL HOWELL

Yep. Still there. How? Why? What? Should I be happy or skeptical? There's only one way to find out. I pulled up Dan's page and look at what he's posted. Sure enough, that same picture was under his page. His art, his name, his page.

So what do I do now?

I shut the screen to my laptop, stood up, and walked around my room for a bit. Sitting against the wall, I began to sort out my feelings: happy? Yes. Ecstatic? Absolutely. Confused? Duh. So was I going to approach him? Was I just going to let it slide? I mean, I have always liked him, but I never thought he'd like me back. I heard the sound of Dan's door opening and him going downstairs. I then faintly heard the sound of the coffee maker doing its job.

I slowly ventured out of my room and downstairs, stopping in the doorway to the kitchen. Dan had his back to me, so I was in no danger of being noticed. He was standing over the coffee maker, tapping his foot impatiently as the coffee brewed. He then reached up to the cupboards and pulled out some sugar, his shirt riding up in the process. A little sliver of skin was still visible after he closed the cupboard and resumed his waiting stance, but it was enough to make my stomach flutter. Damn, Howell.

Well, what did I do next? I walked up to him, trailed my hands across the little patch of exposed skin, and then wrapped my arms firmly around his torso in a hug from behind. I felt Dan tense, but he soon relaxed and leaned into my hold. As he did so, I put my head on his shoulder, and my body firmly pressed against his. My heart was beating so fast it could've probably burst, but it stayed in my chest as I held him. We've shared many, many small hugs in friendship, but this was something different. This was more intimate in my opinion, and I think Dan thought that too, for he put his arms on top of mine and leaned his head against mine. I closed my eyes, feeling the way his body heat radiated onto me and how his body felt so right being held in my arms. The coffee pot beeped at us, signaling it was done, and I released Dan from my grasp so he could pour his coffee.

After pouring the coffee into his mug, he turned around and faced me. "I'm guessing you saw my Tumblr art?" "Yes. Dan I- I... um... I don't know what to say except, let's make that a reality." And with those few words, Dan cupped my face in his hands, and leaned in to do what would be the first of many kisses.