Food Swap?

"Hey! It's the guys from the donut shop next door!" PJ yelled. The rest of the workers in the pizza shop and I ran over to him. "What do they want?" 

"They want to do a food trade. Four pizzas for four boxes of donut holes. What do you guys think?" he said as he covered the mic with his hand. We looked at each other and nodded, prompting PJ to go through with the transaction. "Ok, we'll go for it...ok...ok. You guys have any requests?"

"Bring the cutest delivery guy!" I heard Becky and Jessica yell in unison.

"You already have boyfriends, guys!" Louise said with a sigh. 

"I can't help it! I like seeing cute guys!" Jessica chimed.

PJ rolled his eyes and repeated their request into the phone. A few seconds later, he hung the phone back on the wall and turned towards us. "Let's box up some pizzas." Louise and I set to work packaging four pizzas while a guy named Steve grabbed the red pepper flakes and cheese packets. Becky and Jessica stood by the door, bouncing on their feet while they waited. No sooner had we stacked the pizza boxes when the bell on the door rang and the two girls' squeals echoed throughout the restaurant. 

"Four boxes of donut holes?"

I turned around with the pizzas and nearly dropped them when the hottest guy, no kidding, walked up to the counter. He smiled at me, dimples popping out of his cheeks. I would've swooned had Becky and Jessica not popped up on either side of him, drooling. 

"Girls, behind the counter, now!" Louise snapped. The girls reluctantly slid behind the counter while keeping their eyes trained on Dan. He, however, barely gave them a glance. His eyes were still on mine, making my palms start to sweat. 

"Umm...He-here's your pizzas." I stuttered as I held them out to him. He set the donuts down and took the pizza boxes from me, leaning in and whispering "thank you, darling" into my ear before winking and walking back out the door. I stood there as Becky and Jessica ran outside after him, practically shoving each other so they could reach him first. 

"Damn, Phil's got himself a guy," PJ said as he wandered over. 

"Sh-shut up! I don't! He simply leaned in a bit as he grabbed the pizza boxes. Anyone can do that! It doesn't mean anything!"

"Phil." I looked over at PJ, who had crossed his arms. "We heard him call you darling."

"Oh," I said as a permanent blush settled on my cheeks. "Well-"

"I didn't even get his number!" Jessica shrieked as she stomped back inside, Becky following close behind. "What a jerk!"

"Whatever," Louise said. "Let's get back to work. We'll have more customers coming soon."

~

It was a week later when we got another call from the donut shop. PJ had taken the call again and said the same thing. Four boxes of donut holes for four pizzas, and for Becky and Jessica, the cutest delivery guy. I was wiping down the counters when the bell rang. I didn't even bother wondering who it was when Becky and Jessica rushed past me, shoving me out of the way so they could get to Dan. 

"Now then, we have four donut hole boxes?"

I turned around and smiled as Dan approached me, giving so much as a glance over to the girls as they practically clung to him. 

"Why yes, here they are!" I said, sliding the pizza boxes over to where we were standing. He traded his load of donut holes for the pizza boxes, smiling as he did so. Before I could say anything, he spoke.

"Why don't you deliver next time? I'd love to see you more."

And all I could do was nod while trying to ignore the flaming feeling my cheeks took on.