Reasons Why Dan's Not a Fail

Credit to Vikram Kuppili for coming up with the idea.

Also, the song on here was written by me, so please don't steal it! :)

(Phil's POV)

I ran upstairs and into Dan's office when I heard him crying. I hoped that nothing bad had happened to him. I finally reached the door and flung it open to find him shutting off the camera. "Wait. Did you think I was actually crying, Phil?" I sighed in exasperation and dropped my hand from the door handle. "Well when I'm downstairs and I hear the sound of you bawling your eyes out, of course I'm going to come and see what's wrong." I took a deep breath and finished with, "Just tell me when you're going to be fake crying so I don't come running up to check on you," before closing the door and returning downstairs.

I heard him laugh as I padded down the stairs. I collapsed back into the armchair and reopened Tumblr, searching for something inspirational to make a new video with.

~The Next Day~

I was browsing Tumblr again as soon as I woke up in hopes for something that would trigger inspiration for a video. Nothing whatsoever was inspiring me. I clicked out of the website with a sigh, deciding that breakfast would bring me better luck than the website. I closed the lid of my laptop and placed it on my bedside table. Throwing the covers off of me, I got up and walked out of my room. After arriving in the kitchen downstairs, I saw Dan pouring milk into two bowls of cereal. He turned around and stopped when he saw me.

"I thought I was going to have to bring this up to you!" I smiled, feeling a warm fuzzy feeling inside my stomach. "Thanks, but I figured I should get out of bed and try to find inspiration for a new video." He put the milk in the fridge and picked up the bowls of cereal. Handing one to me, he said, "Well anime is very inspirational, so how about we watch some?" I nodded and followed him into the lounge, hoping that his idea would work.

Instead of becoming inspired, what ended up happening was that halfway through the second episode, I started feeling really light-headed. I had to repeatedly tap Dan on the arm to get his attention, seeing as though he was absorbed into the show. "What, Phil? This is the good part!" I was about to open my mouth to respond when I violently gagged. I cupped my hand over my mouth as my stomach lurched, and I saw Dan jump up and run to where the bin was.

He came running back to me, holding it in his hands. I gratefully took it from him just in time, for no sooner had I placed it in my lap when I lost my breakfast. Dan sat beside me and rubbed my back during the process, occasionally brushing the fringe out of my face. Eventually, I was done. I put the bin down on the ground and leaned back on the couch, covering my face with my hands. I felt Dan get off the couch and heard him pick up the bin. After some rustling and the opening and closing of the front door, he returned with an empty bin and sat back down beside me.

"Ugh. T-thank you, Dan." He carefully pulled my hands off of my face. I opened my eyes in time to see him flinch at how pale I was. "I'm that bad, huh?" I asked with a chuckle. He laughed and stood up, gently pulling me up with him. "Let's get you to your bed."

I leaned against him as he wrapped an arm around my torso and began to guide me up the stairs. I groaned as we started going up. "Shhhhh. Don't worry. I'll help you get up. Almost there. You're doing great." We finally managed to make it to my room and Dan let go of me. He propped up the pillows on my bed and pulled back the sheets, and I slowly climbed in and leaned back against the headboard as Dan pulled the covers up to my chest. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep, feeling him kiss me on the top of my head before blacking out completely.

I woke up feeling hot, sweaty, and unable to breath. In between pants, I called out to Dan. After a few Dan's, I heard the sound of someone running up the stairs. My bedroom door was flung open and Dan ran in, saying, "Are you ok, Phil?" I sat there, panting and shaking my head. He quickly ran back out of the room and brought in a wet towel. I took it from him and put it on the back of my neck. My breathing was still irregular as I cooled off my neck.