Stress

(Dan's POV)
"Uuuuuuugh, come on!" I yelled as I flopped onto my back on Phil's bed. We had decided earlier on going over to his house to study for our upcoming calc test. However, as much as I have studied, I couldn't manage to grasp the concepts the book was teaching us. "You ok?" Phil asked from the nearby chair. I whined a long, drawn-out "no" as tears pricked my eyes. Why on Earth must something I'm relatively good at be so difficult?

"Oh, Bear. Hold on," he said in a comforting manner as he rose from the chair. He climbed up onto the bed with me and sat directly behind where I laid. "Sit up." I didn't know what he was intending, but nevertheless I did what he told me. I felt his hands rest on my tense shoulder blades and let out a sigh of relief as his fingers worked my muscles. Slowly but surely, he began to relieve the tension that had built up for the past few months.

"Heh. I never knew you were a professional masseuse." "Nope," he said, popping the "p" at the end. "I just know when you need some help to relax." I allowed my eyes to fall shut as his hands roamed my back, only opening them once I felt a sharp pain where he poked. "What the heck is that?!" "Shh. Calm down. It's just a knot," he murmured. "A what?" "A knot. A group of overly-tight muscles. Let me fix it." I winced as he prodded and rubbed the the painfully tight spot, eventually getting it to relax. I whined a bit as his hands left my back, but kept quiet when he told me to stay there. I was jostled a bit about the mattress as he shifted himself. When he was settled comfortably against the headboard, I felt his hands grab me by the waist and gently pull me to him. Like a rag doll, I let my body go limp as I was positioned in between his legs. I could feel the little butterflies in my stomach come to life as he laid me down against my chest. My shirt rose up a bit during the process, but before I could do anything about it, Phil moved his arm so that his hand was positioned right by the expanse of skin. He used his thumb to glide over the little chub, back and forth as we laid together.

"Math sucks," I sighed as I observed his actions. "I know, Bear, but I know you can do this. You are strong and smart and I know you'll pass this test." I grabbed his other, unoccupied hand and threaded my fingers through it, relishing the comfort Phil was providing me. "Thank you. I just wish it didn't have to be so stressful." He moved his hand away from my stomach to wrap around my torso. "I know. I'm sorry." "It's not your fault." I dozed off a bit as he continued to hold me, up until the point when he broke the silence.

"Love you." I turned my head to press a kiss to his neck, whispering his words back to him against his skin. "Love you, too, Lion."