Chapter 25 - Release The Kraken

The next day, Dave dropped the girls off at school and then came back home. When he came home Ophelia and I were in her room. She was playing with some toys Dave and I had gotten for her yesterday while I attempted to put together her night stand.

"You're going to start a fight with that shirt," Dave said. I looked up and smiled. I was wearing jean shorts, sneakers and a black t-shirt that said Brunettes Do It Better.

"I'm being a bit sassy today. Besides it's not like I planned this. I just grabbed random clothes. Have you heard anything yet?" I asked in reutrn.

"Not yet. I texted her the address and to let me know when she's here. Hey be careful," Dave replied as the screwdriver slipped off the screw and hit my finger. I put my finger in my mouth and moaned slightly to try and not swear in front of phee.

"Owwww that hurt and it's not funny," I said as Dave tried not to laugh. I threw one of the stuffed animals at him and he caught it.

"Let me see it," he said as he walked over and kneeled down in front of me. He took my hand and held my pointer finger out. He then brought it up to his lips and kissed it. "All better," he smiled at me and I blushed.

"Like magic. Can you finish this please?" I asked.

He took the screw driver from me as Ophelia got onto her bed and put her arms around Dave's neck. He turned around on his knees and grabbed her before giving her a bunch of kisses. As he did she giggled and my heart melted. I loved watching him with them and always thought about when we had our own. He stopped and pulled his phone out of hsi pocket.

"Take her outside to play please. I'll do this later babe. It's her," Dave said as he stood up. He walked out of the room and Ophelia turned to face me.

"Let's take Rumpel outside and you can play with him while I have some adult time," I said and we headed downstairs and outside with Rumpel.

While she played, I had a smoke. I sat on the counter by the built in barbeque and just thought about what could happen when Jordyn got here while I watched Ophelia playing on the grass with Rumpel. She had emailed Dave a few insults directed at me and pretty much had said she didn't want me around the girls at all. I was putting my smoke out when Dave came outside.

"So what's the word?" I asked as he walked over to me. He ran his hands up my thighs before looking at me.

"She'll be here some time after dinner. I think you should stay here the rest of the week and help get your future home feeling like a home," Dave said as he leaned into me. He kissed me sofftly a couple of times before resting his forehead aginst mine.

"I can't miss anymore work. I love being with you but I need to go to the studio so I can pay the rent," I responded with.

"Well Miss Lane I am your boss and could use your assistance in unpacking my belongings. What do you say?" Dave said with a wink and I laughed a bit.

"You know I was actually thinking about doing some modeling jobs until you get your ass back in the studio. I mean Taylor said she could help me out if I wanted to do it. I want to try it. I mean if it's ok with you," I said.

"I would have to be wouldn't I," Dave replied and then headed inside. I got off the counter and followed him.

"What do you mean you would have to be?" I asked as he started up the stairs.

"It means what it means," Dave snarl at me.

"Woah hey calm down. I was just asking a simple a question," I said as he stopped and started coming back down the stairs. I heard Ophelia laughing in the kitchen as Rumpel came running down the hallway. Dave got to me as Rumpel ran past.