Chapter 38 - Once A Cheater, Always A Cheater

5 Weeks and 1 Day later - January 7th

40 Weeks and 4 Days

I woke up and was still pregnant. I was 4 days past my due date and I was annoying the shit out of everyone with my complaining. I got up and got ready for the day before heading downstairs with Rumpel. He hadn't left my side for the past three weeks and I liked it. I realized Dave was nowhere to be found so I texted him while I waited for coffee. He didn't respond back all through breakfast or when I went to sit out on the swing with Rumpel and finish my coffee. I got a text back saying he stayed at Jordyn's after having dinner with her and the girls because he had a few and didn't want to drive and would be home soon while I was making a sandwich. I ate my sandwich and then sat down in the living room and waited for him. I felt a slight pain but didn't make much of it as I saw the gate open. I waited as I watched him pull into the garage and walk to the front door.

"Hello," Dave called as he walked through the door.

"I'm right here," I said back. He looked over as he closed the door and then came over to me. He kneeled down beside me and looked down at my belly. I noticed something on his neck and moved his shirt to the side to look at it better. It was a hickey.

"Who gave you that?" I asked as he looked up at me. My eyes were starting to water as he looked guilty.

"Jordyn did," he replied. I pushed his hands off of me and struggled to sit up.

"Don't touch me," I shouted at him as he tried to help me up.

"Britt let me explain what happened," Dave said as I finally stood up and started waddling to the kitchen.

"You can walk and talk at the same time right?" I asked sarcastically as he followed me quietly.

"Oh right. Ok so I stayed for dinner like I said I would and then I spent some time with them before putting them to bed. I was going to get ready to go but I needed a coffee first. We had a couple of cups before I told her I had to go and that's when she started seducing me again. She said if I slept with her one last time that she would let us be happy and sign the divorce papers. She was kissing my neck and touching me and I just said fuck it and did it. I passed out on the couch and woke up when I got your text. I felt horrible when I realized that you were waiting for me here and that our daughter is due literally at any second. I got cleaned up and came home and decided to tell you on the way. I am sorry for doing it. I regret it and I realise she was probably doing it to sabotage us now. I'm so sorry," Dave said. I had sat down on the other couch by the kitchen with Dave beside me. I sat there and just cried. Dave put his hand on mine and I jerked it away.

"Did you even think of me and Lachelle before you said fuck it and fuck her?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"I did. I thought maybe if I did this we can be happy and that maybe," Dave started but stopped.

"Maybe what? You fuck your soon to be ex wife to get your divorce finalised quicker and I'd understand and you and our daughter could be one big fucking happy family? I get that we didn't start in the best way and that I was the other woman. The assistant who did whatever you wanted her to. You said you would never be like Jared. You said I was worth it over and over and that him dumping me was the best thing he ever did for me. He cheated on me and now you do it to me but with your wife. Karma is a bitch. Oww," I said as I felt another pain.

"Oww?" Dave said confused.

"Yes oww. It freaking hurts once in awhile," I said through the tears.

"When did they start?" Dave asked looking worried and at his phone that he pulled out of his pocket.

"You're not getting out of this," I blubbered and sniffled.