Chapter 12

Daphne's POV:

We've been trying and trying to figure out who's the Master now, but nothing's better than before.

When Puck mentioned it, everyone completely forgot about the magic item that needed to be made.

I groaned in frustration. This was getting us nowhere! And it didn't exactly help that Red was so terrified that she didn't dare move from under the bedcovers (of her bed).

I'd been trying to convince her to come out, but nope. No way, she had said.

And suddenly I remembered that she had the spirit of the Big Bad Wolf in her, still. What are we gonna do about that?

Also Mr. Canis came back with Granny and they said that none of the Everafters had been interested. They had earned their freedom and would not have anymore to do with the Grimms, they said.

Things were NOT going well.

And I couldn't understand how the Everafters could just abandon us like that! Seriously! I mean, we'd done so much for them. I guess. They were so ungrateful!

I groaned in frustration again. I wish we were still playing Truth or Dare. Life was so much simpler back then. Well, for me, at least. I'm not so sure about Sabrina. But she looks so sad all the time now. She REALLY hates the Scarlet Hand, anyone can see that.

What about Puck? He's not talking too much either. Which is SUPER weird for him. Which also brings me to the subject of Puckabrina... DO they like each other? Well, they kissed, but they're so awkward around each other now.

Like, PEOPLE GET OVER IT YOU BOTH LIKE EACH OTHER WHO CARES IF DAD WILL TRY TO KILL YOU PUCK!!!!!!

Well, then again, if Dad manages to kill Puck, then there'll be no Puckabrina.

Okay I'm gonna stop sitting here and thinking this long train of thought because I need to get up and DO something.

I did get up, and wandered downstairs. Granny was at the dining room table, her head in her hands. Her shoulders were shaking and I realized she was silently crying.

I decided to leave her alone and went back upstairs and to Mr. Canis's room. Lately, he'd been trying to figure out his past. But when the whole Scarlet Hand thing happened...

Maybe it's just a hoax, I thought hopefully. Then there'd be nothing to worry about.

The next day, when everyone was at the table—we still have to eat—Puck stood up on his chair.

This was normal behavior, so no one paid any attention. But when he said, "I have an announcement to make," Granny and Sabrina looked up.

"What?" Sabrina asked.

"I heard the pixies wrong. The Scarlet Hand aren't here. They're not coming for us."

Uncle Jake crossed his arms. "Now, wait a minute. Daphne and I checked it with countless magical items. How can you say that you misheard the pixies?"

Puck shrugged. "I'm telling the truth. Do you think I would lie about this? I know I lie a lot, but not about this kinda stuff."

We all stopped eating and started whispering amongst ourselves as Puck got up and left the room.

I think I was the only one who saw the ghost of a grin flicker across his lips.

A/N:
IM SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!!!!!!!! Sorry sorry sorry!!!! But I don't have a lot of time these days... Will you forgive me?

~Shadow