Chapter 50

Sabrina's POV:

"All these doors are locked," I groaned, trying another shiny silver handle before dropping my hand in defeat.

Puck sighed from next to me and asked, "What if this is the wrong place?"

I raised an eyebrow. "How would it be wrong? The letter literally listed this address."

"No, I mean, what if this place is just a cover up, or entrance, for the actual facility. Maybe the real way is through one of these doors, and we have to do the special knock again."

I stared at him. "Since when do you have such good ideas?"

"Since always. But you've been too busy being annoyed by me to notice that."

"Right."

"Yup."

Pin cleared his throat. "Not that I don't love your couple-y arguments, but I don't. Let's get started."

He used contractions, Puck's voice said joyously in my head.

I grinned. I noticed. I'm proud. But you're probably prouder.

I am. Thanks for realizing that.

"Okay, seriously?" Pin asked in exasperation. "Now you're staring at each other weirdly. Can we just do this?"

"Right. Sorry." Puck sent me a smile.

"So, we're restarting," I said tiredly, starting to walk back to the beginning of the hallway. "It'll be easier to keep track of which doors we tried."

"I'll go down to the end," Pin suggested. "It's not far. That way we can meet each other in the middle."

"Sounds like a plan." I took Puck by the arm and led him back to the start of the hallway, where we'd entered. Well, kind of entered, since there really was only a wall at the front. We'd probably fallen through the floor somehow. I guessed the doors that tons of scientists were trying to unlock were fake.

Sucks for them.

If only they knew what we knew. The entire world would freak out.

I reached the very first door and told Puck to try the one across from mine. I knocked in the same order that I did to get here, and something appeared in midair and dropped into my hands.

"What...?" I wondered. It was a rolled up scroll of paper.

"Did you get it?" Puck asked.

I shook my head. "I don't think so. I wonder what it says."

He moved to stand next to me as I unrolled it. It said:

Hey, it's Morgan. Yes, Morgan le Fay. I hope you get this. Daphne asks if you're okay. There's no way for you to answer this, but if you're reading it I'll know and tell her the next time I see her.
Anyway, she's also going to try to figure out how to save Red. And last of all, and I have no idea what this means, did you make any progress on Wonderland and Alice?
My magic's already weak, so don't expect any more messages like these. Just stay safe.

I stared at the scroll in disbelief. "This is amazing! Daphne's okay! Morgan's okay, and I'm betting that means that Mordred's okay!"

"I miss marshmallow," Puck said, frowning at the words. "This is too dangerous."

"I agree." I nodded, then frowned too. "Since when do you talk about missing people?"

"Same answer as before."