Chapter 30: Truth or Dare Part 6

Ember's POV:

Daphne led us down the halls, making so many turns that I lost all sense of direction.

"How do you know where to go?" I asked.

She shrugged. "At first, I was just as confused, but eventually you just—I guess—know where you're going."

I didn't answer to that statement, but instead looked back at Puck and Sabrina, walking side by side.

"Aren't they so cute?" Daphne whispered to me, noticing where I was looking. "I really wish Puckabrina became official."

"Um, yeah, me too."

Little did she know that it already—technically—was official. Back in the Scarlet Hand hideout, I had turned into a fly and slipped through the bars of Puck's cell to see if he was okay.

Instead, I found him with a girl who turned out to be Sabrina.

She grinned. "It's awesome to find another fellow shipper!"

"Yeah," I said, containing my sigh. "Same here."

Red Riding Hood was jumping up and down while she was walking, and she looked extremely happy.

"Hey, what's up with you?" Daphne asked her, but she just shook her head and kept on grinning and bouncing up and down.

Daphne shot me a confused look, but I just shrugged.

We reached a blue-colored-gem-encrusted door and Daphne opened it, ushering all of us inside.

"Whoa," Sabrina said. "How's all this stuff here? I didn't see it when I sneaked in here..."

She trailed off when Daphne shot her a withering look. "I may have forgiven you, but that doesn't mean I'm not mad," the little girl said.

Sabrina nodded, seeming used to this.

"Guys," Daphne said. "After you tell us everything... WE'RE PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE!"

Everyone except me and Pinocchio groaned. I didn't know why that was such a bad thing. It sounded fun, if I correctly understood what the name meant.

"What's Truth or Dare?" I asked, and Daphne gasped in horror.

"Have you been living under a rock?" she demanded.

"Uh, yeah, technically."

Daphne explained to me what the object of the game was, and I nodded. "Cool. Seems fun."

Red, Puck, and Sabrina frantically shook their heads at me.

I raised an eyebrow in their direction, and Pinocchio looked confused.

"Why do they look so terrified?" he asked Daphne.

"No reason," she assured him.

"They look pretty scared," I said doubtfully.

"Yeah," Pinocchio agreed.

Daphne scratched the back of her neck nervously. "Really, there's no reason to worry." She turned to Puck, Sabrina, and Red. "And you're playing no matter what. But first, explain."

Puck and Sabrina frowned at each other, and I frowned too.

"There's not much to say," I said helpfully. "I met Puck in the Scarlet Hand's hideout—which is underground, by the way—and we decided to escape. Then Sabrina teleported there, and we teleported back here."

Daphne looked at us suspiciously.

"I'm also Erift's twin," I added.

Daphne and Red's eyes widened, but before they could say anything, I said, "But I'm not evil. I'm not like him. I promise."