Chapter 17: Truth or Dare Part 5 and 1/2

A/N:
So you're probably thinking: ummm...what? They can't play Truth or Dare! There are serious problems going on! But this isn't a normal game of T or D :)

Also, this is going to be kind of short, sorry...

~Shadow

Puck's POV:

The door to my cell opened and some weird goblin thingy came through. Let me say one thing, he was horrendously ugly. Like, I could barely look at him. I bet he was uglier than that giant guy that stole the old lady and Canis back then.

I jumped up from my spot against the stone wall and grinned. "Hey! Here to get me out?"

The goblin glared at me. He was wearing a...was that a janitor's suit? Wow, it must've taken a while for them to find that in the right size. A little tag on it said: Eddy.

I snorted with laughter. "Eddy? Seriously? Why not 'Soulcrusher' or something like that?"

Eddy just stared at me like I was the most boring thing in the world and that really wasn't fair.

I sighed. "Fine. Why're you here?"

"Let's play Truth or Dare," was Eddy's response, which kinda creeped me out.

It also reminded me of the Truth or Dare games back home and that made me think of Sabrina and nope. Mind shutting down.

"I really hope that was some kind of lame goblin joke because now you're kinda creeping me out," I told him, but Eddy looked dead serious.

Maybe this was a form of interrogation?

The goblin sat down hard with a loud plop, which really must've hurt because this was a solid stone floor.

"Truth or Dare?" he asked me.

This was hard. If it was an interrogation, then if I picked truth then he could ask me anything. But if I picked dare he could literally tell me to stab myself...

I decided to go with the safer one, which is TOTALLY unlike me, I know. "Truth," I answered, sighing.

"Do you like shapeshifting?"

"You're a lunatic."

"I asked you a question, fairy boy."

"And I said you're a lunatic. If this is some kind of interrogation, at least do it normally!"

Eddy growled low in his throat, so I decided to answer.

"Yeah, of course I like shapeshifting," I said. "It's awesome."

He grinned and knocked three times on the wall next to the cell's door. A hazy image—no, video—appeared there.

"What is that?" I asked, but he just gestured for me to look.

So I did. I saw myself in my room, talking to Daphne and Sabrina and then leading them off to somewhere.

"Umm...what the heck is that?"

Eddy laughed a gravelly laugh and smiled strangely at me. "It's a live video."

"A...a what?! But I'm not there, I'm here! Though I'd much rather be there, truth to be told." I frowned at the video.

The goblin laughed again. "Oh, but it's not you, it's Erift."

Erift... I knew that name from somewhere! I thought and thought about it, but my mind just wouldn't hold on to the memory.

"So this Erift guy is a shapeshifter? And he's posing as me? Not cool, dude, not cool."

Eddy just turned my head to make me keep watching. His hands literally had mold growing on them and I swatted them away.

Normally, I'm fine with mold, but mold growing on someone's hands?! That wasn't normal.

In the video, I saw them walking in the forest. Daphne stopped at a bush, but I couldn't make out why because of the haziness, and motioned for Sabrina to keep walking. She seemed to talk to the bush, then ran up to Erift and asked something and pointed to the roller coaster.

Erift looked annoyed but he led them to it, and they sat down. There was no sound, but I saw Sabrina's mouth open in a scream and I smirked.

Marshmallow looked like she was having the time of her life. But then she tapped Sabrina and pointed to something swirling in the air: black crow feathers.

Erift isn't seem to notice though, and neither did Eddy.

Eddy shut the video off by knocking another three times and then he crossed his arms and stared at me.

"What?" I asked, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Your turn."

I groaned. "Seriously? Okay, fine. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

I wanted to ask him a question, so I said, "I dare you to tell me why I'm here and who the Master is."

Eddy chuckled. "The Master's true name is a secret even the game of truth or dare cannot find out. But I will tell you why you are here: as bait." He paused. "And because we don't like you, because you're annoying—"

"Why, thank you."

"—and because we will enjoy hurting you."

That last one scared me.

"Now it is my turn," he said, smiling. "Tell me, is that blonde girl important to you?"

I kept my face emotionless. "No."

"You're lying. There is no lying in truth or dare or you will pay!"

"I said no."

Eddy snarled. "Fine." He opened the door and gestured for me to follow him. "If you do not follow, you die."

I decided to follow him.

A/N:
Yay! Puck's POV!! Y'all must be so happy! Or maybe you're mad that I made the Scarlet Hand capture Puck and maybe all of you are trying to hunt me down and kill me...

Yeah, that's probably most likely, especially after... Ahem, never mind.

Forget I said anything...

~Shadow