Chapter 19

A/N:
Ugh, I swear it's taking longer and longer for me to update and I'm so sorry!!!!!

~Shadow

Sabrina's POV:

Daphne was up to something. And I wasn't sure I wanted to know what it was.

First of all, she hardly EVER thinks of taking a shower, especially in the middle of the day. And second of all... yeah I don't have a 'second of all.'

After a while of contemplating what to do about the Daphne Situation, I finally decided to ask the others if they'd seen her behaving weirdly.

I slowly walked out of my room, down the hall, and down the stairs, making sure to miss the last step, the one that creaked.

Granny, Mom, Dad, Charming, Snow, Boarman and Swineheart, Uncle Jake, Toby, Bella, Rapunzel, Cindy, Baba Yaga, and Bunny were all in the crowded living room.

Huh. Elvis wasn't there.

They all jumped when I said, "Are you guys planning?"

Toby and Bella were the only kids among the adults there, and I felt kinda bad for them. But they actually didn't seem awkward around the grown-ups.

Bella nodded. "Mrs. Grimm, sorry, Relda, told us about the whole crow feather thingy. We already sent out a letter to the Widow and—"

"—and we're coming up with a list of possible suspects that might be in the Scarlet Hand," Toby cut in.

"Oh," I said. "Well, good. Have you seen Daphne? She's acting weird. She took a shower not too long ago, and that's definitely not normal."

Everyone burst into laughter. It went on for a couple of minutes until Dad said, "Wait. You're serious?"

I nodded.

"Go ask Red," Mom suggested.

"Fine. But if Daphne comes down here and doesn't say that she's hungry, then I'm taking her to a mental hospital."

I went back upstairs and knocked on the door to Red and Daphne's room, letting myself in when no one answered.

Red was sitting at her desk, writing in a small notebook, and Elvis was flopped across her bed. His ears perked up when I came in and he panted happily.

There was no sign of Daphne.

"Hey, have you seen Daphne?" I asked Red.

She looked up from writing whatever she was writing and shrugged. "She disappears a lot."

I groaned. "Well she just took a shower in the middle of the day. Is that normal for her now?"

Red seemed to remember something. "Oh, yeah, some time ago she came in here to get some clothes to change into. Then she left."

"Left where?"

The little girl shrugged again.

"Oh, come on!" I exclaimed. "Where could she be?!"

"Don't be so worried," Red told me.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Daphne does weird stuff all the time."

"Ugh. I guess you're right," I said, frowning. "But still, something's up if she took a shower at 3:00 PM." Without saying another word, I walked out of the room and shut the door behind me.

Daphne's POV:

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" I asked Al, looking at the crashing waves doubtfully.