Chapter 28

A/N:
Hahahahaha I just love cliffhangers!! (Only when I write them, though.) :) Anyway, I've been reading these Hamilton fanfics and they're really good. So yeah, thought I'd share that random fact. On with the chappie!

~Shadow

Red's POV:

I was woken up by a scream. I started awake and quickly got out of bed—the super comfy bed that I really didn't want to leave. I accidentally kicked Elvis in the side as I got out and he raised his head from his spot on my super, super comfy bed and whined.

"Sorry," I told him, smiling apologetically. "What time is it anyway?"

Elvis looked at me like, How would I know?

I glanced at the new red digital watch on my wrist.

4:17 AM

I wrinkled my nose. "Wonderful. Who's screaming at this time?"

I already knew it wasn't a scream of someone being attacked, it was probably Daphne screaming about something stupid. I decided to go check it out.

I tiptoed out of my room as Elvis put his head back down and went back to sleep. I made sure to be quiet, even though everyone was probably awake because of Daphne screaming.

But, surprisingly, when I walked out into the hall, I could hear snores coming from several more rooms. I shook my head in confusion. Was I the only light sleeper?

I sighed and made my way to Daphne's room, then opened the door. "What's wrong?" I mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

She looked at me in a panic, her own eyes wide. Her mouth moved, but no words came out. Her hair was crumpled and messy.

I started hyperventilating, knowing that if Daphne was this serious, then something really, really bad had happened.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

She was finally able to form words. "I...I... Where's Celeste?!"

My jaw dropped, realizing that the small alicorn necklace wasn't around her neck. Daphne was crying now.

"Oh no...this isn't good!" I exclaimed, stating the obvious.

"I know!"

"Maybe you lost it in the bedcovers?" I asked, frantically searching the room for the slight glow of the alicorn figurine.

"No I didn't! It can't come off my neck unless Celeste lets the person or thing take it off!"

"Then...who would she have trusted so much to let them take her?" I wondered.

"I don't know!" Daphne cried.

"I'll go tell everyone else," I said, but she stopped me.

"No, we're not waking them up at 4:00 AM for something that might be a false alarm...I hope."

"Okay..." I said skeptically. "But if this gets serious, then we're waking them up."

Daphne agreed and we kept searching.

The White Rabbit's POV:

I narrowed my eyes and peered through the bushes. I felt the steady ticking of the pocketwatch at my side. And a twig snapped.

I dared not move. I could sense the bandersnatch only a few feet away. My paw found its way to the pocketwatch, and clutched it.

"Please," I whispered. "What was seen is unseen, what was sensed becomes senseless. What was bone is bending, what was fur is air."