Chapter 45

A/N:
I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long!!! I've been in Poland for two weeks and I'm still going to be here for another week. I couldn't find any good WiFi that would actually SAVE the chapter, and it kept deleting itself. But I have FINALLY found good WiFi at my uncle's house—he lives in Poland (obviously)—and that's how this chapter has been published! :)

And again, I'm really really really really really really really really really really really sorry for not updating in so long!

~Shadow

Daphne's POV:

I poked my head out the door, glancing around quickly, and then shut it again. "Morgan. Mordred," I told Ember.

She nodded and played along to our current act. "I know you want to give them justice for what they did to you, but... Give it time."

"I'll just talk to them," I insisted. "Well, talk to them rudely. Very rudely."

She stifled a laugh. "Okay." She glanced up at the ceiling. "Brother, hear that? We're going to see Morgan and Mordred le Fay. And we want quiet time with them. No listening in."

I gasped in surprise as the floor opened under us and we fell. I suddenly remembered Wonderland and the promise I'd made to Analia. I'd have to find a way to speak to Sabrina.

The two of us dropped onto a cold, damp floor of stone, and Ember said quietly, "We have seven minutes."

"Seven? Why not five or ten?"

"Because seven is Erift's favorite number."

I frowned, remembering Mr. Seven. (And the author frowns too, remembering 707 from Mystic Messenger.) "Fine. We have to hurry." I then looked around and scowled more when I saw that the cell in front of us looked like the one Tobias had been in all that time ago.

I walked over quickly to the bars, holding onto them with my hands and staring in, seeing only darkness.

"Morgan? Mordred?"

For a terrible moment no one answered, but then a spark of green appeared in a dark corner, and I could make out Morgan le Fay's face.

"Daphne?" She looked astonished. "What are you doing here?"

"We have six minutes now," I told her quickly, "until they're listening again. This"—I pulled Ember forward—"is Ember, Erift's twin sister, but she's good. We're planning to rescue you!"

"You're— What?"

I grinned genuinely and asked, "Where's Mordred?"

"Sleeping," she replied, shining the green light in her hand towards the floor, revealing a flopped down Mordred, snoring softly. "We don't get much food, and the only thing he has to do here other than eat is to sleep, so that's what he does."

I smirked despite the situation.

"Four minutes," Ember warned.

I started speed-talking, explaining everything that had happened since the two witches were gone. By the time I was done, we had a minute and a half left.

"Why can't you use your magic to get out?" I asked as soon as I was done.

Morgan blinked for a second, taking a moment to process everything I'd just told her—including Puckabrina. Then she said, "The bars are iron. They're basically magic resistant. I can do small spells like this light spell, but otherwise..." She shrugged and sighed.

I also sighed. "Truth or Dare was so much easier..."

Morgan looked confused. "What does Truth or Dare have to do with... You know what, I'm not even going to ask. What's your plan?"