Chapter 27

A/N:
So today at school literally whenever someone said anything, I would respond with a verse from Hamilton and they were so confused. (Currently listening to the Hamilton soundtrack. Current song: Blow Us All Away.)

Anyway, you probably don't want me to rant about Hamilton (and I was going to mention Lams but I'm not going to) so here's the next chappie!

~Shadow

Uncle's Jake's POV:

I was pacing around back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

Veronica was playing piano somewhere upstairs (who knew we had a piano? And who knew that she played the piano?) because she claimed that it helped her calm down.

"Where could they be?" I wondered aloud, tearing my hands through my hair.

Henry was sitting on the couch, having knocked all the books off, and had his head in his hands. "I shouldn't have shouted at them like that!"

"Hank, it's not our fault," I assured him. "The girls have done this before. It's not even noon yet. They probably had some kind of plan to hang out somewhere."

(Time runs differently in Wonderland)

"If they're not back soon..." Henry muttered. "What if something happened?"

Veronica's piano playing reached a more dramatic tune.

"There's a lot of somethings," I noted. "Hank, they'll be fine."

(Lol little does he know they're planning to fight a war in Wonderland)

"I hope."

"At least they're not in any drama currently," I offered, thinking about the Scarlet Hand.

"Honestly, they probably are."

"Hey, while we're talking about them, you do realize that we're all Everafters now?"

Hank looked like he'd been punched in the face. "I...I guess. But we're different!"

A questioning piano note rang out through the house.

I raised an eyebrow at both Hank and the thought that maybe Veronica was listening in somehow.

"You know what I mean!"

"No, I actually don't. You have to chill about this. We're Everafters; that includes Sabrina. You know what I'm talking about."

Henry grumbled something, got up, and walked out.

The music modulated up a half-step.

"Hey!" I called after him, taking the chance. "Don't modulate the key, then not debate with me!"

Henry shouted back, "I'd rather be divisive than indecisive, drop the niceties!"

I grinned despite myself. Hank and I were huge fans of Hamilton, as was Sabrina and I was pretty sure she introduced it to Puck since he loved flying around the house shouting, "Raise a glass to freedom!" and grabbing people's cups out of their hands.

Not to mention that he would quote it even more than me and Hank.

Granny Relda always slapped him lightly whenever he would start saying, "Fuuuuu—" when there was something bad going on.

And he would love to annoy Sabrina by saying, "My dog speaks more eloquently than thee!" Then Daphne would pop up out of nowhere and say, "Elvis is MY dog!"

I smiled sadly. I knew everyone wished Puck was here, even Henry, somewhere deep down in that heart of his.

I even missed Puck flying around the house and knocking books off of shelves.

I shook my head. Enough sad thoughts. We've got to get to work.

Sabrina's POV:

I reached for Daphne's doorknob but froze when I heard her speaking, then I realized she was talking in her sleep.

I pressed my ear to the door and heard, "Because I like Pinocchio..."

I managed to keep my laugh in and had to lean against the door for a minute to calm down the laughing fit I was about to have.

Okay, Sabrina, calm down. You can tease her about this when you get back.

Puck's POV:

"So...the barrier surrounding the fort went down too but the Everafters trapped in there weren't seen until the whole Scarlet Hand thing happened again?" I asked.

Ember nodded. "Exactly. The problem is, I still haven't been able to find out who the Master is," she said glumly.

"It's fine," I said. "When we get out, Sabrina'll figure it out."

Ember smiled slightly. "Yeah. Sabrina."

I looked at her questioningly, and she seemed to realize that I'd seen her tight-lipped smile. She shook her head. "You've just never mentioned her before."

"Oh. Well, um... She's—"

I felt a presence beside us a second before Eddy dragged me to my feet. Tears sprung to my eyes but I tamped them down. I could handle it.

"Time to go," he said gruffly. "You don't need to see your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend!" I snapped, then felt a little bad when Ember winced from the sharpness of my tone.

He smirked. "Say goodnight."

I glared at him. "Bye, Ember." I mouthed, Tomorrow?

She nodded subtly, then turned on her heel and walked away.

I shuddered as Eddy led me through the cold, dark halls until we reached the cell I was staying in. He shoved me in, making me inhale sharply from the pain. "Have a nice night."

I glowered. "You have a problem."

"You'll regret that," he told me and I did.

He locked the door to the cell and slid the black metal over the bars, leaving me in complete darkness.

That is, until the bright blue and purple portal opened in front of me.