Chapter 10. Heat and Defense

Sarah

Today is going to be fun. We decided I should be shown some defense moves. Just in case, you know. I already knew like the basics of fighting, but I was never really taught how to fight.

I start out with the punching bag, but it can't be worse than bloody knuckles...right? As I punch the bag, he watches me, and gives me advice to have a stronger punch.

"You have to use your strength! Not only your hand but your arm needs to use all its strength and power in each punch." I try his advice and it kind of works! I just need to build a little more muscle though.

However, my knuckles start to really hurt after a while. I look at Jareth, while holding my right hand.

"Hey, can I stop for now?"

He looks at me, and worry crosses his face. "Yeah, are you okay?"

"Yeah, my knuckles just hurt."

He takes a look at my hands. "Let's bandage this up and then let's test your overall defense. Just so we know what you need to work on" He wraps them up, and kisses my knuckle. I blush.

We walk to the mat and get into fighting position. It is nice of him to be helping me through all of this, especially with the defense. He comes at me but I duck out of the way. I try to punch him, but he catches my fist. We get back into position, and start again. This time I try to knock him down, but he ducks.

"Sarah, don't put so much thought into your actions. Just do it!"

I take his advice. I run toward him, and punch him. He takes a step back, but falls in the process. He looks up at me and I start laughing. He pulls me down, and I fall on top of him. We both are laughing now. It feels good to have a little fun while trying to be serious.

I look at Jareth and see him still laughing. Maybe I was wrong about him after all. That is when I knew what I wanted to do. I kiss him. He does kiss me back, and it makes me happy.

Even though we basically had a make out session yesterday, the kiss was short. Maybe in the future the kisses will be longer? Maybe longer than the kiss that happened yesterday?

I break the kiss. "I didn't hurt you did I?"

He smirks. "Nope, but we will keep working on defense a little each day."

"Okay." I smile. Then the moment is broken by one thing.

I look down just as my stomach growls.