Chapter 13. Visiting Friends...for Real this Time

Sarah

The next day we are off to visit my friends and I am super excited. Jareth and I walk through the labyrinth hand in hand. It's nice to have him come visit my friends with me. 

I can really see now that he truly cares for me. Even though he said he loves me last night, does he? Maybe I will ask him about it later.

As we walk through the garden, I get another idea. I try to tickle him and it works for a little bit. He is able to get away from my fingers quickly though. He laughs.

"You little minx." The tables have turned and now he is tickling me! I start laughing, trying to get him to stop tickling me. But whenever I try to say something my laughter breaks up the sentence.

'Jar- Jareth- Please- stop!"

"Okay." He smirks at me.

"Thank you." I kiss him in return. He kisses me back and pulls me closer.

"Sarah?" I broke the kiss to find Hoggle, Ludo, and Sir Didymus looking at us confused.

"Hey guys! It's so great to see you again!" I go to them and we all hug.

"How are you here Sarah?"

"I wished myself here; life in the Aboveground wasn't what I had hoped it would be. Plus I missed everyone here."

"Why are you with the Rat?" Hoggle points at Jareth. Jareth smirks

"That isn't very nice Higgle." Jareth replies. I give them both a dirty look.

"Jareth, his name is Hoggle. Hoggle, I'm with Jareth, and we are courting."

My friends' facial expressions softened.

"Well Milady, if you are happy, so are we."

"Sawah happy."

I smile and we have another group hug, except this time Jareth is included. We decided to spend a few more hours with them, catching up with has happened over the years. I talk about what my life was when I got home, how my routine got boring, and about what had happened here. They gasp when I tell them about the lion.

"We are glad that you are okay Sarah."

"Thanks guys. I love being here!" I see Jareth smile when I say this. He makes me feel so complete. When I look outside, I realize the sun is setting.

That's when I realize how late it is getting.

"Jareth and I should probably go home; I will try to visit you all. Bye guys!"

"By Sarah" They all say at the same time.

We transport to the throne room when he turns toward me.

"Darling, I forgot to mention that we are hosting a Royal Ball tomorrow night." I tense up. My first ball here is tomorrow night?!

"Do not worry my love; your dress is already made. It will be given to you tomorrow." I start to relax a little.

"Okay, but you have to catch me!" I start to run off like a little kid. He chases after me, running all around the room. He brings out the best in me. I am so glad he is in my life. And he sure runs fast!

 "I caught you." He smiles at me. I smile and kiss him.

"Let's head to bed." So we do. 

I am so excited for the ball. I can't wait!