Chapter 25. Runner

Jareth

I leave Sarah with the child while I deal with the maybe runner. Oh why on this night a child had to be wished away? When I arrive in the room, I am surprised at how cleaned it is. The boy, who looks maybe 13, in the room looks at me, his eyes full of anger and fear.

"Where is my sister?!"

"Oh Tommy, you know where she is."

"I want her back now! Giver Tina back!

"What's said is said Tommy. Now what's your decision? Your dreams, or your baby sister?"

I hear the goblins running around the room, waiting for their next command,

"I want my sister back. I will run the labyrinth and beat it!"

The goblins go back to the castle, while Tommy and I appear at the beginning of the labyrinth.

"You have 13 hours to complete the labyrinth or your baby sister becomes one of us forever. Such a pity."

I appear back at the castle, and walk to the throne room, to wait. What I find in the room fills my heart with joy. Sarah is asleep on her throne with the baby sleeping in her lap. Even though she believes the opposite, I know she will be a great mother.

I transport them to our chambers, and watch Tommy continue his journey. This is gonna be a long run for sure, since he is arguing with the worm.

A couple hours later

He has about 7 hours left and he won't make it. He keeps going around the garden in circles, and is getting frustrated. I roll my eyes and appear before him.

"You! Things keep changing in this place, and that is cheating!"

"I can assure you Tommy that no one is cheating here. Oh and you keep going in circles so I suggest you find your way out or you won't make it in time." I disappear as he starts running toward me in anger.

Once I am back at the castle, I go check on Sarah and Tina. I find that Sarah, and the baby are still asleep so I quietly walk out of the room. They need their sleep. I go get something to eat, and watch the runner. Hopefully I don't fall asleep for too long if I do.

A few hours later

I am woken up from a child crying. I follow the sound and find Sarah in the kitchen looking for something.

"Please stop crying! I am trying to find you something." I smile as I realize she doesn't know I am here.

"Oh! If I can't take care of you how in the world am I gonna take care of my child?"

"Sarah, you do not have to worry, you will be the best mother."

She turns around with tears in her eyes.

"Oh Jareth! Can you help me? I cannot get her to stop crying, no matter what I try." I walk over and take the child into my arms. As I rock her, she looks up at me with her blue eyes, and stops crying. Sarah looks at me in awe.

"How did you..."

"Oh what can I say? Children love me." Then we both start laughing. I love her laugh.

"How much time does the runner have?"

"Only a couple hours, but I don't think he will make it."

"Why not?" I show her the crystal ball, and it shows Tommy, thinking that he is home right now when he isn't.

"So, what happens when they lose?"

"We erase the wished away child from existing in the Aboveground, and give the child to a family here who are want one, that can't have one.

"Oh."

Once we feed the child, we walk back the throne room, and wait until the 13 hours are up .

Later that day

Tommy lost, and is now with his family. No one in the aboveground will remember Tina, and now she is with a nice family in a different kingdom. I make my way to the throne room and find Sarah asleep on her throne again. She is becoming more like me every day. Then I notice her hand over her stomach, as if she is protecting it. I smile, and transport us to our chambers. It has been an eventful two days. First we get married then we have a runner. We can always go on our honeymoon later, or not even leave the castle for that.

I change our clothes and find that I cannot sleep. I make a book appear and start reading. As I am reading, Sarah snuggles closer to me. Gosh she is so perfect, I am lucky to have her in my life. I end up only reading about half of the book, then fall asleep with her in my arms. Maybe tomorrow Sarah and I can have some fun.   

A/N: Sorry for all the jumping to different times of the day/night in this chapter. Hope to update soon, but we all get busy