13.

Ashley

"Mum, oh gosh I miss you. I'm about to tear up just hearing your voice" I smile when I hear mum's chirpy voice. "I miss all of you too sweety pie. It feels weird with just Jeff and I in the house. Empty." I hear her voice crack when she talks. "You okay mum?" I ask. "Yes sweety but, um I have to tell you som-" She gets cut off short from somebody near her. Luke walks in to tell me they're about to perform. "Okay babe. Mum? I have to go but, I'll call you whenever the guys get done performing. Love you"

My usual reaction after the show is clapping, then hugging them all individually and telling them how much they absolutely smashed it. They of course tell me thank you, and give back all the love they're receiving. Today was a little different. I had to see what mum needed so, I left the show a little earlier to see what the whole deal is with her.

I hear the phone ringing until, mum's voice is finally heard. "Oh Ash, what have you been up to love?" She asks sniffling. "Nothing

so what did you need to tell me?" I plug one finger in my ear to block out the noises from everyone. "Sweety, maybe it's time for you to come back home. Something has... come up." I gasp silently. "Mum, what's going on?"

-Luke's POV-

"Ash?" I creep up behind her, since she hasn't been the same giddy person that entered the arena with us. I tap on her back and see that she's been crying, when she turned round. "Ashley what's the matter?" She stares blankly at her hands. "I um.. need to tell you guys something. All of you together okay?" I nod my head and clear the room out so nobody else was in here but all of us guys and Ash.

"Ashley what happened?" Michael immediately asking when he sees her. Very protective cousin. She sits down on a chair at the back of the room. "I don't want this to happen but, it has to. I know there is only two weeks until the tour ends and I do want to finish it off with you guys.. I just can't. I have to go back home."

We all exchange glances, not anyone of us knowing what to say. "If you don't mind me asking why?" Ashton asks her. "Nana passed away today. And also, mum told me that Jeff and her need my assistance with all of our family." She starts to burst into tears. What the hell is happening?

We all four get up at the same time and run to her in hugs. "Ash, it'll be okay." I whispered to her so she can collect herself. "Thank you.." She whispered back.

Cal breaks away from her hug so Michael can hug her, "So when are you leaving?" He asks obviously upset. "I'm going on a bus tomorrow afternoon."

------------------

Outgoing call to: Dana

"Hello?" Dana picks up my phone call to her. "Yeah, it's me Luke" I respond quickly as I've been trying to call her forever it feels like. "So sorry I wasn't by my phone when you called before. Anyways, what's up bub?" She asks me. "I was just checking up on you, Ash told us about Nana"

I hear her sigh, "Yeah I'm fine. Thank you for checking up on me. I wish you guys could come with us, she would want it" I nod my head like she could even see me. "Okay well, I must go but, I'll call you guys later to update you and that. Love you all stay safe my sweeties." I smile, "Love you guys too. See you soon" I hang up the phone.

"Guys. We're going." I tell all the boys when I walk into the back lounge of the bus. "What?" Calum questions. "We're going to Nana's funeral to be there for our family whenever they need us. It does suck seeing them upset but we have to go. For them." I try my best to convince them. "Dude, we can't just up and leave as much as we'd all like to support them we just cannot." Ash snaps me back to the reality of the situation. "I know we have a dedication to the 5sos family but, our real family needs us too don't you guys understand this?" I rub the back of my head. "And quite frankly I'm going with or without you guys"

"Lucas. We can't go. We worked too damn hard to be where we are now and I'm not going to let you walk away from this. As your brother I refuse do you understand me? Ashley and Dana will be just fine." Ashton states. "Yeah dude, they'd want us to stay here and continue to the tour for a few more weeks rather than, fly out there." Calum says. I nod my head, "Whatever"

---------------------

please let me know if you enjped reading in the comments guys :D and also, vote for this chapter as well ! Hope you all have a blessed day !