23.

Ashley

I sit on my bed, wondering how I'd be able to live without my mum & jeff there with me.

She's very upset with leaving me here but, she's told me that I'd be better off here than in London anyways.

Everything just seems like its moving too fast. I broke down into tears yesterday seeing all of mum's stuff packed up. I guess that's when I sort of snapped to reality and realized this is real.

Regardless, of the situation im just happy Mikey and I don't have to leave the boys. I wouldn't.. couldn't function with being so far away from my boys.

Tomorrow is the day they're leaving, and its taken a toll on all of us. Mikey made us all take a family picture to have it framed and mum just went to get the photos developed. They're that tore up.

Cal, Luke & Ash still haven't left the house since they found out we were gonna leave but, I know that's just an excuse for them to stay with us.

I've asked them if they're gonna stay with us or if it'll just be Mikey and I but, none of them have asked their parents. Well Cal and Ash dont have to worry about that since they're over eighteen but gosh dang it if Luke doesn't get to asking!

Yes, we decided to keep our house rather than move out cause, we're just kids man, I don't know the first thing of buying a new house.

My thoughts were cut off when mum walked in with a picture frame. She smiled widely, and turned it over.

I smiled at how happy we all looked. Mum and Jeff on either side of the sofa arms with me, Ash, Mikey, Cal and Luke all crunched in the middle. It wasn't a normal family photo as, my legs were intertwined with Calum's while we were throwing up our shared gang signs and Ashtons head rested on Michael's shoulder. Luke and mum were looking at us all and laughing super hard while Jeffrey threw up a peace sign.

Really sums us up.

I laugh to myself, trying my best to keep the tears from falling. Mum laid the photo against my dresser and hugged me tightly.

"What's the matter, sweet pea?" She asked, her motherly senses kicking in.

"I'm just.. I'm going to miss you both so much" I sniffle, wiping my nose with my sweater sleeve.

"I know, but remember I'll always just be a phone call away if you want to talk. So will your dad"

She stopped herself from saying anything else. I gathered that by her facial expressions she didn't mean for it to come out as they did..

"Mum, don't regret calling him my dad.. He's the father figure in my life" I chuckle.

"Don't feel pressured to call him "dad", cause I mean obviously you don't have to but, he thinks of you as a daughter and all" She says anxiously.

"Mum, seriously don't worry about it. Watch" I say pulling my phone out.

I scroll through my recent calls and click Jeff's icon. "Hello?" I put the call on speakerphone.

"Hey Ash, what's up nut?" He breathed heavily.

"Nothing much, am I bothering you, you seem a bit busy"

"Just a bit putting these boxes in the trucks but, I always have time to talk to you" I felt his smile through the phone.

"Well thats fine, i'll leave you to it then! Love you dad" I say nonchalantly

"Um, okay.. love you too" He chuckled, confused.

I turn to mum who was wide eyed, "What?" I grin sheepishly.