25.

Luke

"Tell me the worst" Ashley sighed as soon as the doctor walked in.

"First, I'm sorry but you boys must leave."

I scoff, "The hell we are! We're the only people she has here so, I'd be damned if we can't hear the news with her."

He holds his clipboard against his chest. "Okay... But only because you have murder eyes" He says cracking a joke at this not so funny situation.

He walked over to a machine that has a picture of her X-ray and pointed to her uterus.

"Well, I don't know how to come across this to you, especially since you're so young..." He stops his words and starts to go in a fit of coughing.

"What's wrong with my sister?!" Calum shouted at him. I couldn't blame him though, we were all on the edge.

The hairs on my back stood straight up with the moment of silence in the room.

"Ashley, even though, you are so young.. We found that you are infertile. Which means the chance of you having babies are slim. Not impossible.. but, not likely."

I didn't have a chance to process what he said before I heard Ashley sobbing. Michael who was on the bed with her, held her closely while whispering "it'll be okay" to her.

We all rushed to her side, Calum even rubbing my back in comfort.

"I'll leave you alone" Doctor Avi said.

"This.. Can't b-be" Ashley stuttered out. "Al-l I ever.. wanted were.. chi-children" She said then started sobbing louder.

"He said there was a chance though chickadoo. Don't give up so quickly" Ashton said to her.

"Yeah, and you are super young so, maybe your eggs will get healthier by the time you're ready to settle down" Calum said agreeing.

She nodded and grabbed my hand.

Michael stood up so I could lay down next to her. She was so distraught, hell even I was. We just need eachothers company dealing with this.

-Ashley's POV-

I've been lying down in bed ever since we came back from the hospital a week ago.

I didn't get fresh air, didn't get up to eat, to shower nothing. I felt like if I moved my whole body would turn into mush and I would just fall to my knees.

The time was 2:45 pm, usually the time Luke would make me a grilled cheese sandwich and an apple on the side with water.

But everyday that goes by, I'd just push the plate aside to sit and rot until he came to pick it up at dinner time.

Just as suspected he walked in with the plate he made me.

This time it was different. It was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a banana on the side and a cup of apple juice.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked sitting on my bed.

"The same as yesterday and tomorrow. Like shit."

He pouted and pushed my plate more over to me.

"I'm not leaving here until you eat this whole tray and drink your juice" He warned.

"I'm just not hungry.." I huffed.

"You will be if you did something out of your day. All you do is sit here and stare off in space."

"If I go downstairs with you guys will you stop badgering me?"

"Yes, yes I will" He says and stands up. "But, first.. Maybe a nice shower will calm you down"

I roll my eyes, "I know I stink okay?"

"Well just as long as you know cause the neighbors called in a complaint of a dead rodent already" He teased.

"Screw off"