31 | your funeral is not anytime soon

31

ORIGINALLY, I came to this college party to see Kai

This is because he wanted to spend time with me since he couldn't do it and you know why. But then I heard a lot of Blairstone seniors come here anyways, and that includes Dre and possibly Kade but I haven't seen him yet. Franco, well, he would rather be with Sophia than be here. But that's cute that their relationship doesn't need to involve around parties. Honestly, from my perspective  — I don't think they're much into this anyways.

Sam decided to join as well, which made me more relieved but then again I knew she would spend more time with the cheeseball. I don't mind it though. I loved seeing them together and bicker. But right now, she's in the bathroom so I had to steal her boyfriend for a moment. The fact that they're still not admitting to liking each other is bothering me. I can clearly see beyond Sam's agitated face and Dre's smirks that they fancy each other enough to date.

"Que diablos! How?" Dre yelled in my ear as I told him the entirety of what happened that day with Erik and his friends when they came to Susie's and when I met Erik again at the gym.

I shrugged. "I don't know why. Maybe I was in a good mood to even get into a bad mood. I think we're on good terms."

"Wow, you're brave, Mila." Dre grinned.

"So no wonder you guys used to be friends, huh? He's one sarcastic headed dude, twenty four seven." I mused.

"I guess we do have something in common." He sipped on his alcohol.

My neck bent towards my behind to find a familiar figure standing in the corner of the room. Kade was talking to two guys and a girl. They looked like freshly enrolled college students. I guess he has friends anywhere huh? Then here I am, being my age and I have no friends at all. Well, a few might count. Even though I wanted the deal to end, for some reason, I felt like I could not escape his presence. Especially since I have friends like Dre and Kai who had similar routine as him. Partying.

My eyes narrowed. Does he really meant what he said to my dad? God, I want to pull my hair out. I wonder if he was still upset about what I just said to him. Or maybe he didn't really give a shit at all. But something tells me I should pull myself towards him and talk it out. Like what I did to Erik. Instead of pushing people away and making enemies for no reason, maybe a conversation might help? I didn't realize Dre had already followed the direction of my eyes before snickering to himself.

"Why are you staring at him? Decide it's time to confess?" He mused.

I sat back onto the couch and laid my back comfortably. "Confess my undying hatred for his guts? Glaring is not the same as staring."

He raised a brow. "What are you thinking about?"

I pursed my lips, crossing my arms. "He said he tortured me back in middle school to gain my attention." Dre stared at me weirdly with a frown. "As in he had a crush on me." I breathe in and shut my eyes for a second. "Of course, he's fucking lying. He just needed a pathetic excuse to lie to Andre when in fact he doesn't have a reason at all. He just likes to hurt people."